O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

You got that exactly right Stig. I never ran tri's, I have full leathers(sole too) and the wet on the coast combined with the steep azz ground makes triconys destroy a very expensive boot very easily imo. But they look bad ass.

Up here it's Viberg's that rule the roost. The west coast Canadian version of the US's Wescos

Good to know they know their stuff at Wesco's.
I really enjoyed visiting the factory. It was like stepping 50 years back in time, to when craftsmen still ruled.

That doesn't make much sense to me. If I rebuild my stump grinder, it's not worth any more than it would be new, if anything it's worth less.

Unless you're talking about your total investment in the footwear?

Now I get it. Not much saved by rebuilding them instead of buying a new pair.

Meh, it saved me a hunnert bucks plus over a new (325) pair. Like your rebuild, they only kept the top part and replaced the rest of the boot completely. I think it was worth it, for the most part. I still have them, but my bad foot won't allow me to wear them. I outta raffle em off.

I'm getting close to ordering a set of Wesco's. My latest attempt at ordering shoes and hoping they fit has ended in disaster. I asked if my local shoe guy would do the measuring, and he said they could take care of it. I'll have to get a measuring kit sent to me.

I got an email this week from Bailey's and noticed they had the Kong stainless captive eye carabiners on sale for $9.99 and was going to buy a half dozen, but then I noticed the weight rating was way off (16kN) and all of the specs were wrong. So I went digging and found the correct captive eye carabiner with the 24kN rating but the price was double. The confusing part is that they both use the exact same image and description.

I had a $200 order put together but was so pissed I abandoned it and went over to Wesspur to order what I needed. I couldn't get the replacement No-Spill gas can spout but I can pick that up locally.

Willie had never seen a PolyChain before, so here's a new belt and sprocket for the RG85. The bushing isn't normally replaced, but they changed styles a while back, so that is the correct bushing for the new sprocket. $418.36 from Motion, considerably cheaper than their retail price of $779.11, and $120 cheaper than I could find online, without the bushing. One of the few places that "buying local" pays off.

ada4ec48.jpg

I had a flywheel that I bushed like that. The throw out bearing seized and spun in the flywheel. I came up with the setscrew idea. Do they have one that threads in from each side and tighten in to each other? That is how i did it.

To put it together you tighten the screws where they are, only the sprocket is threaded, the bushing has a surface the screw bottoms on, pushing it into the sprocket. To take it apart you take the screws out and put one in the other hole where the bushing is threaded and the sprocket has the bottoming surface.

Really? I just bolted mine back up, ezpz. I can change the belt and both sprockets in 30 minutes. Additional work adds more time of course.

I had to remove this stuff on the jackshaft and it doesn't look like a lot but it was all really rusted and awkward to get to. Loosening it up didn't move the shaft enough to get the belt on over the flange on the pulley.

Attachments

• Liv 001 (Large).jpg
    Liv 001 (Large).jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 3
Ah yeah, that could suck. I've gotta loosen 2 bolts, run one nut down the adjuster with my fingers, pry the motor down, and I can remove the belt. Reverse the screws and the thing comes apart, slap on the new sprockets and reverse the procedure. Didn't think about jackshaft fun.

This weeks new toy:D Got a pretty good deal IMO, $2250. Now I can really straighten up around my place and will be ready for snow this winter.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, it tapers and locks the sprocket to it, but they still call it a bushing. I like that setup better than the former that used 3 bolts to pull/push the unit apart. The new setup takes up less shaft and is quicker to use.

It angles and tilts, but it doesn't lift or roll the mold board was what I was on about. Undoubtably me being anal.

Back