Northern California Fires

Dang, Stephen! It seems like you just went through this. I’m sorry to see it’s happening again. They don’t know the source of the blaze? 4th of July makes fireworks suspect I presume.

No word yet, though it will be investigated thorough. Suspicion of fire works is rumoring around.
I smelled something like electrical or trash before we left for the lake. Would not surprise me some one was burning trash up there. No facts will come to light for a while I'm afraid
We go through this almost yearly
We also have a lot of grows up here that are hooked up illegally to electricty etc.

I'm curious how much of that is back- burned, or whatever, to establish a fuel break from a road or other feature.

Some areas looked black on the ground, with green trees.

Back burning mostly took place after it had already hit the edge of town and was skirting it to stop it from progressing in the stockton creek draw and beyond. Fire is a funny animal Sean. Ive seen it go right around stuff you thought it should burn on the way by.
Looking at the top of the ridge in the burn scar I am working, two lone ponderosa pine trees while below and around and beyond is mostly scorched earth. Just a change in the wind will or lack of can change what may still stand or not.

All those fully green canopies in the burn area gonna stay that way? I’d imagine most of your trees are fire resistant/tolerable. I can’t remember the proper term. I know certain species basically require fires for continued survival.

Dang, Stephen! It seems like you just went through this. I’m sorry to see it’s happening again. They don’t know the source of the blaze? 4th of July makes fireworks suspect I presume.
I forgot to mention. Fireworks are illegal here.
Professionals only with permit. Nearest show is out on a lake an hour or so away, or an hour or so down in the valley.

Unfortunatly for some people its like a disease, others its a thrill seaking by lighting the fire then going on the trucks. Its hard to explain as theres so many reasons that people do it.

Back