Kyles redneck builds/ ideas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, I'm gonna steal the motor and drive train to power the pto winch. :lol: i think that hurts more than the tree pirate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tree pirate?

I imagine you may have seen the interweb crane holding the riding mower over the hedge pic???

Lol yeah i did, i think it was a page or 2 back that everyone was loving the sailboat look to it all :lol:

In time, i move verrrrrry slowly. Got the deck off the mower this am and dropped the axle to use for connecting the engine to the winch. Soooooooo nice having a crane at the house, I'll probably build a fairlead for the fall that does the luffing to make boom adjustments even easier. I'm also pretty sure I'll be able to add a powered capstan or two so i can run multiple winches, which gives me a haulback line of I'm using it as a cableway or yarder.

20220305_113132.jpg 20220305_113158.jpg 20220305_114945.jpg 20220305_113209.jpg

You know, you would have liked Willard's trailer/chipper build. Then adding some of your winch/ crane ideas, would have been amazing. Not that your's isn't. See if that thread is still here. Chipped right into a side dump box. Had a platform on the tongue forhis powered wheel barrow. I think that was before your time here.

I think i remember it from my lurker days, and i liked what @Tarzan did with his chip truck with the winch to load logs. I always thought a trolley crane, the kind the undertakers use for setting caskets with the i beam down the middle would be a perfect setup for loading logs into the chip truck, and if i ever get around to building my truck bed I'm thinking of adding it to the chip box skid I'll be building.

Nice but heavy. I thought of that to replace the small lift arm in my van. Likely 1 ton capacity (400kg yet), with a sliding beam (to close the doors), but that would a big dead weight for an occasionnal use in a day to day vehicule.

Yup, someday I'll get one but I'm not there yet. It's not a mini that's for sure, but it would be a perfectly viable way to load logs in a chip truck. No mini needed if you can just drop the chipper and then back up to the logs, load up, then off you go. A bit slower but one less trip. That might be worth doing in aluminum, that's how they build some gantry cranes so the stuff is out there in use. Gotta finish the trailer first tho, and then go do some trees and get moneyed up again :lol: every time i have all the money for building my truck bed something happens and i can't start it, it's been going on for 3 years now hahahaha. I'm hoping to be hitting the projects pretty hard this year, i think I've lined up some big scrap hauls to feed them, some new tools coming (a very large lathe) and am hopeful to get some shit done finally.

Good stuff, mang. :drink:

Yo, Tarzan, that cat was cool, too bad he faded away

And the chipper crane was able to pick it off the trailer. I would guess just shy of a ton, did a guyline from the mast to a fence post to firm it up a bit, and a preventer to the boom tip to keep it from swinging. Picked it up, then drove out from under it. Worked great, not bad for a bunch of scrap.

20220626_184029.jpg 20220626_184047.jpg

Back