Kyles redneck builds/ ideas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Winched some firewood across the creek with the log trailer today, works pretty good for just using the sailboat winch again. It'll really be nice once i get the engine and cable winch installed, but it's pretty handy now already with a smaller rigging setup. Also a side pic so you can see how it's rigged, the slack rope is the load line, by lowering the blue line you drift the load into the trailer. I was hoping to have the mast fold up and store under winch power, but with the different height adjustments for the back booms it doesn't have clearance to go over center. So my solution is to just leave it up, lowered to 11 foot or so like the front mast is it'll be legal to travel. I'll add a flag and I'll be able to just leave it rigged, which will greatly speed up deploying it (not to mention not needing to move it with logs wanting to push up on it). The guy line holding the booms is at a really easy angle, so it bouncing a bit in transit won't damage it, and it has a stay holding it from bouncing up too.

Tried my hands free self tailing device, aka ammo can with welding rod inside hanging on the end of the wheelbarrow wheel lever (which tails the winch by pressing the rope into the drum). Works perfectly, so that's pretty cool, on longer pulls it's nice to be able to stop and keep tension on it while you roll it past an obstruction or something. Also handy at the moment to load the trailer, you can manage the winch and the blue drift line much easier if you don't need to hold pressure on the lever too. I'll likely make a better mousetrap down the line, but that's pretty effective for the time being for zero work and time invested lol. I'll get more pics, I'll be using it more in the not too distant future.

20230108_140343.jpg 20230108_162109.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys are aware i wear pink polka dot and flowers weld hats all day everyday right? I don't know why it's this way, but the gayer the hat the better the hand :lol: now you know which YouTube welding videos to watch, just find the guy wearing the most flamboyant hat all sideways like an idiot, chances are he's legit.

The pipes i made that from sat on a roof of a grocery store for 20 years or so, but it was properly cribbed and didn't see salt, so it's pretty much new. Steel like this can sit exposed for a pretty long time, I'll paint it but you would be surprised how long it'll last bare. These were painted when new, the yellow signifying natural gas, so most of it is protected and the new weld areas will clean up in a couple seconds with a wire wheel or sandblaster when i finally paint. I'm also incredibly guilty of modifying stuff as i see fit, so you remove the paint as you're doing it. I'm always adding this or that, redoing something that's bugging me, which would mean all the paint i paid for would be burned off. In time I'll likely paint it, but it'll be a work in progress till then. And besides, all anyone's gonna think is what in the wide world of sports has this dumb shit welded on that trailer.... :/: :lol:

Back