Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Never

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Only when I think I might need one

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Only when I know I will need one

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
I was looking on their site. A lot of nice looking knives. I guess they don't market much beyond Scandinavia. My two language/currency choices were Norwegian and Swedish.

My first EDC I can remember was a Stanley Utility knife, I liked the idea of always having a razor sharp blade I could abuse at will. My logger buddy hated it, said it wasn't much of a knife if at all, lol. But I get that of course.

Anyway, utility knives have come a long way and this Milwaukee model looks pretty sweet not to mention affordable, Imma get one.

Looks practical, and it's certainly cheap. Not for me personally. I'm generally against disposable stuff, and I enjoy caring for a regular blade. What I find most interesting is the bit driver. They sell little metal tubes you can put stuff like pills in for travel. You could put additional bits in one of those and keep it on your keychain. That would add a lot of function for little cost/weight/bulk.

I hear ya re disposable stuff. That's why I periodically put an edge on my Stanley utility blade :|: . That knife stays in my shop and is the go to for nuking cardboard boxes. It is quite easy to sharpen (but not with a file which just bounces off the blade due to hardness) and takes on a wicked edge, at least plenty wicked enough to scare those boxes apart.

I don't "need" this Milwaukee knife but the fact that is has a locking long shaft screwdriver and therefore making the tool multi use, and the fact it has serious rave reviews at many different spots online, it seems like it could be fun and useful.

Though I have a love of knives, I can't see EDC one that consists of simply a blade. The screwdriver , for example, on my victorianox one handed trekker comes in handy daily for prying, digging, scraping etc

So I bought this nice utility knife despite not needing it, because it's cool and inexpensive. Large cardboard boxes tremble in fear when I flick it open because it is scalpel-sharp.

Edit: Doh, I see I posted about it above, but just bought it a week ago. Nice blade

Last edited:
What do you guys use for sharpening? I use a" diamond steel" with 3 different faces each of different coarseness. It's not bad overall, and in fact I enjoy sharpening the disposable utility blades cuz they sharpen quick and easy thus extending their life.

But I'm wondering if I should just get a good sized flat stone.

I prefer pocket stones to bench stones. Not saying they're objectively better, it just works better for me moving the stone across the knife rather than moving the knife across the stone. A medium Arkansas followed by a hard Arkansas is sufficient for any working knife, or just the hard for a quick touchup. You can get crazy with sharpening, but it's really only a sight gag to impress the natives. The sharper you make them, the easier it is to damage the edge.

Hopefully just misplaced my "scout knife." Have not permanently lost a knife in over 30 years. Use it daily. Had a backup on the shelf and my old one was getting tired. I have a backup retired one I use to open letters. Somehow carried that one for a while so I can't reconstruct where I might have last used my regular. Victorinox Pioneer. Used to be Wenger til they got bought out. Used to be Standard Issue. Slim, aluminum knurled bolsters, and light. I recommend.

What do you guys use for sharpening? I use a" diamond steel" with 3 different faces each of different coarseness. It's not bad overall, and in fact I enjoy sharpening the disposable utility blades cuz they sharpen quick and easy thus extending their life.

WorkSharp Precision Adjust.

Hair splittingly sharp.

Victorinox Pioneer. Used to be Wenger til they got bought out. Used to be Standard Issue. Slim, aluminum knurled bolsters, and light. I recommend.
I love the Vic. One Hand Trekker as Ive mentioned before. I read it is the current standard issue to the Swiss Army military force.

Personally I've bought a variety of Japanese wet stones, Arkansas hardstones and a couple of the electric worksharps
But for speed and ease of sharpening I just use these 9.00 diamond steels IMG_20230313_130115908_HDR.jpg
For work I greatly prefer the toothy edge these produce
And I use my pocket knives daily and it just takes a minute to dress them up.

For work knives (boxes and insulation mostly, and some hose) i have a pull thru deal from klien, couple strokes and you're back at it. In the kitchen i have the coarse and fine pull thru thing. Yes you can do better with an actual stone but for the time invested it's fine for my needs.

Nice. I have one too. Solid device.

But i would like to get the hair splittingly sharp edge, as Rich says :rockhard:

Yes, I did. Probably going to buy one, thx for the recco

On a lot of knifes presented here (cause they are the only ones i look at closely), I often find that the blades are a fine work of art, but the handles look like junk beside them.

Those handles look sweet to me, just sayin

Just got this today...

IMG_20230507_171657692_HDR.jpg

I've managed to lose all my Leathermans, and it's something I rely on. I think this is the cheapest they make, and the closest to the original PST. I consider non locking blades a design flaw, but my main interest is in the pliers, and they seem to have corrected some poor geometry from the originals. Saved me $20 going with the low end model. Honestly, it looks/feels kind of cheap, but it could be cause I don't like change. Time will tell if it's as durable as the old ones.

Back