I Love Knives!

Knives are cool. I don't have any nice ones. I dump every extra penny back into this business. I need to stop that. I want a nice knife. Handmade though.

I got one of them too but it's a weapon .Genuine Toledo steel too boot because I bought it in Spain when I was in the navy .It's not illeagal to own one but it is to carry one .

I think tht it is very likely impossible that a man own too many knives. I 'm fond of the "Carson" flippers. No springs for assistance so nowhere does it meet the legal definition of a switchblade but one handed instant opening nonetheless.

My dad had a army issued knife from the war that became mine. It was unlike any other army knife that I have ever seen, perhaps some special issued commando knife or something. Where most are coated with a paint like substance to not reflect light, this one had something done to the steel, or in the steel, that it was black but also highly polished. It wasn't a coating. I loved that beautiful knife, but one day that I will always hate myself for, I left it sitting on the trunk of my mothers car and she drove off somewhere. I searched high and low for it, combed the streets, but nada. It still bothers me.

One i'm fond of I got from my gramps, it a WW2 medical issued "corpsman knife"

Attachments

• 2012-05-26 08.50.03.jpg
    2012-05-26 08.50.03.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 15
Heavy too, blade is 5/16" thick. The design of it was to hack off limbs to make litters and bracing.

Assisted openers are illegal to carry?
As far as I know the type we call "switch blades " meaning spring assisted .Butter fly knives like those Filipinoes seem to be very good at flipping and Buck types are not spring assisted .I'm not really certain of the laws therefore I never carried that Spainish switcher on my person .It's right here in my desk drawer though .Makes a dandy letter opener .

I have a boatload of Ken Onion Kershaw's, most broken or worn out, an 80's model Cold Steel SRK, before they went to China junk, an old Coleman hunter and a Boker auto. I wanted a Benchmade AFO auto, but auto's are illegal here and it's a lot easier to swallow a $50 knife getting confiscated vs. a $200 knife getting confiscated!
Then the Foster I just traded the shotgun for,
photo.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Daddy LIKE!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XUDJhifG0-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:/:

Anybody into Leatherman multitools? I carry a swiss army knife that does a great job with everything, but has no pliers. Just wondering if youse all carry multitools and how you like them. And are they small enough/lightweight enough to carry in your pocket instead of clipped or sheathed?

I used to carry the Gerber. Not to heavy, a little big for pocket with saddle but not without, overall excellent tool just watch out for a nasty blood blister if they slip as pliers. Maybe they addressed that by now. I'll have to dig that thing up.

I have a few Gerbers, they haven't fixed the blood blister issue, not enough anyways.

Back