• Only when I think I might need one

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Only when I know I will need one

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
The eafengrow 973 really impressed me with the fit and finish
And smooth lockupView attachment 123468
I ordered a green one as well only 26.00View attachment 123469
The hao ming is a lot of knife for 16.00 very smooth actually smoother than the eafengrow 223
I need to quit watching YouTube knife reviews
I have a sitivien knife on the way.

It was my birthday on Tuesday. Me and the missus are pretty slack at getting each other presents. We surprise with little things but usually chat about what we actually want.

I said “another knife, can’t decide on a B…”. I didn’t even get the words out before she told me she wasn’t going to waste more money on a knife for me as I had enough. I was looking at 3-400 usd value knives.

So my suggestion was to just buy two or three, hundred dollar knives.

That didn’t go down too well.

It was my birthday on Tuesday. Me and the missus are pretty slack at getting each other presents. We surprise with little things but usually chat about what we actually want.

I said “another knife, can’t decide on a B…”. I didn’t even get the words out before she told me she wasn’t going to waste more money on a knife for me as I had enough. I was looking at 3-400 usd value knives.

So my suggestion was to just buy two or three, hundred dollar knives.

That didn’t go down too well.
Same here I bought 6 knives for like 100.00
I'll gift the one's I don't care for I have a lot of family members that like knives
Last year I got them all flashlight's.
Are they the best knives no but they sure are fun
And I'm actually impressed with most of them I've been using them all week the metal holds a good edge.

images (3).jpeg
This will be my last purchase for awhile
An outfit called petrified fish of all things
I like the design it's only 50.00 or so

Gotta love that kind of interplay 8) :rockhard:

Well I decided I needed a Morakniv.

They have loads of good quality budget knives but ended up plumping for a Carbon Steel blade. It was my birthday after all 🤪

It will sit in the camping bag and general purpose hiking knife.

3E06E354-4154-4261-9FE0-AB2853D0FDDC.png

I don't know. I use the dregs of scented candles on my lesser used knives, and nothing on my daily knives. I've worn daily knives in tthe rain, forgot and left them sheathed, and had a decent coat of rust. Steelwool it off, and it's fine. Not pretty, but still a good working edge and functional. Paradoxically, rust also protects against rust. They're ~$16 knives. I'm not gonna get too precious over them :^D I wouldn't use scented wax on a food prep knife. I'd use either plain parafin, or I'm sure someone makes a specialty product for carbon knives.

An alternate plan I'm a little skeptical of is doing a hot vinegar soak. I did it on my first Mora, but not on the second. For a working knife, I don't think it matters, but perhaps it's better for a knife that isn't used daily? The idea is you preoxidize the steel with vinegar, and it helps protect against rust. It gives the knife an attractive subdued finish, and by masking with wax and doing several dips, you can pattern the blade, camo, or whatever. I didn't do that, but it's a good look.

More likely is pumpkin spice, apples, or evergreen :^D

I like scented candles in cool weather, and I like the fall/jul scents, so it's generally spice, dark fruits, or trees. I'm kinda like a girl in that regard I guess :^D

IMG_20220919_082130739.jpg
I bought this condor rodan made in el Salvador 15 year's ago it was only 20.00
This thing is heavy duty we used it to butcher hogs and deer
Still looks great. Screenshot_20220918-201430.png
Here's the best price I've seen on a rat 5
I'm going to get one
It has a thinner blade than the condor and will be more useful.

Last edited:
I went ahead and just ordered That Condor. Up to 50.00 now. Might be pig hunting in the near future. Friend of mine just got his guides certs and license. And access to about 10,000 acres of land to hunt.
I really like mine the steel is excellent
But the handle is a bit large for some. Screenshot_20220919-213856.png Screenshot_20220919-214101.png Screenshot_20220919-213957.png Screenshot_20220919-213824.png

I haven't decided which fixed blade to get yet I like all these blade designs
Eafengrow and lothar are the maker's

Back