Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Never

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Only when I think I might need one

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Only when I know I will need one

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
I don’t mind the blue spacers. It gives the knife a splash of color and homage to its former self.

Haha. That is almost word for word what one of my friends said.

@cory yes, that was the blue one. I liked quite a few of them but as I wanted something special with the scales from Flytanium I didn't see the point in paying more for the knife. So I bought the bog standard basic blue.

Now I am already eyeing up other purchases. I could waste so much money on this type of thing.

I have always loved a great blade.

Haha. That is almost word for word what one of my friends said.

@cory yes, that was the blue one. I liked quite a few of them but as I wanted something special with the scales from Flytanium I didn't see the point in paying more for the knife. So I bought the bog standard basic blue.

Now I am already eyeing up other purchases. I could waste so much money on this type of thing.

I have always loved a great blade.
Great minds and all that.. ;)

Knives are a dangerous game for me. I could very easily become a 'collector', and that isn't something I want. A knife should be an extension of your body, and you should be intimately familiar with it's feel and operation. I don't see how that's possible when you have a different knife every day. That's why I want to have a particular purpose for each knife I own. I've kind of bent the rules a bit, but I've stuck with it for the most part.

Nice.

I never realised there was such an aftermarket for these knives. there are some stunning designs out there and the machining is superb.
Custom knives are becoming more and more popular.
I love that knife! I have a new one in the box just in case. It’s discontinued but imo the perfect dual edge folder.

This is a knife I bought about 15 years ago. I spent what seemed like a lot for knife, but I wanted a knife for life.

Norwegian brand called Helle.no

I thought I was bad then I went to friends house. He has about 30 of these (different designs obviously) in glass cabinets. All under lit and polished to a mirror. He had about another 20 to add but his missus had said no to a new cabinet. Honestly, it looked like a Helle showroom. I’ll get a picture next time I am over.

Here is mine. Helle Fjellbekk

AA3FBBC1-9F45-4800-B8B7-5109DC27FED5.jpeg

Knives are a dangerous game for me. I could very easily become a 'collector', and that isn't something I want. A knife should be an extension of your body, and you should be intimately familiar with it's feel and operation. I don't see how that's possible when you have a different knife every day. That's why I want to have a particular purpose for each knife I own. I've kind of bent the rules a bit, but I've stuck with it for the most part.
I decided a few years ago I wanted a custom or semi custom folder
And I like the grimsmo Norseman line
I went order one it was 400.00 or so dollar's but it was 6/8 month wait
So I checked knife resellers and that same knife was 1000.00
No way I'll stick to cheap stuff.

Here are two knives I made one winter. The top one was ground out of a peice of damascus steel I bought from Wish. It has Elm burl scales on it.

The lower one I bought the blade and handle material,assembled it and sanded everything back.

I must have 20 or so knives but really only use a Tollekniv for hunting and a fake Karbar for general use.

Attachments

• 20220908_071323.jpg
    20220908_071323.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
When I first moved to Norway. Our tv subscription had H2 channel and forged in fire was on. I used to watch it as it was in English.

My youngest son was 6 at the time and he said to the missus, I want to be a black smith like daddy when I grow up.

She almost pissed herself laughing and said, he isn’t a black smith, he just watches forged in fire a lot!

The eafengrow 973 really impressed me with the fit and finish
And smooth lockup IMG_20220916_155307218.jpg
I ordered a green one as well only 26.00 IMG_20220915_183039694.jpg
The hao ming is a lot of knife for 16.00 very smooth actually smoother than the eafengrow 223
I need to quit watching YouTube knife reviews
I have a sitivien knife on the way.

Doh, never thought of youtube re knives but your post prompted me to search. Knife Center looks solid, any others you recommend?

Doh, never thought of youtube re knives but your post prompted me to search. Knife Center looks solid, any others you recommend?
I'm new to watching them but the knife beater and beez blades gives a good run down of certain models.
These new knives impressed me they hold an edge very well
And are solidly made I bought a lot of crap that was from american companies over the year's at triple these prices.

Back