INFLATION how's it hitting you?

Stig -

Biden is apparently responsible for world wide inflation.

He is not responsible for it here either.

(his response could be better)

I

Things are really slow up here, I'm giving quotes for trees and milling and not getting anything. People are going with the much more expensive guys, because they offer financing through those high interest rate loan companies. They used to bill customers for the tree removal and stump grinding separately, so I was able to come in and at least get the stump, but now they are charging both together and leaving the stump for months. Motor shop is dead, as is the live edge and milling. Last government we had insulated Canada from the world's economic problems but they were worse than nazis, so we are told.........

Things are really slow up here, I'm giving quotes for trees and milling and not getting anything. People are going with the much more expensive guys, because they offer financing through those high interest rate loan companies. They used to bill customers for the tree removal and stump grinding separately, so I was able to come in and at least get the stump, but now they are charging both together and leaving the stump for months. Motor shop is dead, as is the live edge and milling. Last government we had insulated Canada from the world's economic problems but they were worse than nazis, so we are told.........
You can get some of that loan stuff. There are companies that shill that shit to the business owner. Or take credit cards.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guy I rent from gave me a rotten old-growth Bishop pine today. Oh, boy. Oh, boy I'm so happy now.

Butt log about 30 inches dbh by 30 feet long. The rind is sound and about 4 to 6 inches thick and is clear vertical grain fat-wood. Splits like a deck of cards.

There's years worth of kindling in that rotten old pine, and you can light a stick directly with a match. A single stick, half inch square, will burn like a candle for 20-30 minutes. Sooty like a rubber tire.

Though you wouldn't want to burn too much at a time in a wood stove. Because it will soot up a flue in just a matter of hours and cause a chimney fire so ferocious, if the instalation wasn't spec you'd burn the house down for sure. Bunker oil.

For discriminant use only

I'm cutting and splitting the fat-wood into bolts, and setting it aside for years worth of easy kindling in the coming years.

Record culling due to record # of cases of avian influenza would have nothing to do with the price of eggs....:/:

How many thousands of items are on the price list for inflation numbers again?
Eggs is a small one and would have little effect on the overall numbers..

Our local gas station quite giving a 10 cents off per doughnut deal if I buy two. That doesn't mean inflation is at %10...except for my occasional morning doughnuts of course

Last edited:
I don't. I'm simply adding some perspective to your statement.

Culling tens of millions of birds does have an effect on the supply side of things wouldn't you agree?

I never said anything about "sole factor".
There are many things involved: manipulated/convoluted numbers, actual supply chain problems, logistics issues, greed, real inflation, deflated worth of currency, etc.

Last edited:
I hear higher prices blamed on lots of things, but very rarely on the virus.
Might be different where you are.
Don't forget about those steel tariffs...

Back