In The News...

Hmmmm....

What worries me about this is why is the media trying to stir things up with the cops........Almost like they want to turn people against them. Dont get me wrong, I hate cops with a passion but it makes me wonder who gains from this contempt

I'm not sure what to think about guys who are pro-choice. Back in the old days it took all we got to convince a lady to get an abortion, now they are knocking themselves over to do it without a problem. Do the pro-choice guys realize they have women in their lives who are really shitty moms????

Anyway, my internet is back up. Canada wide Roger's cable outage since 5am. Cyber attack???

They're both incredibly complicated problems that don't have simple convenient solutions. When i was younger i was completely against abortion, and it was mainly a black and white decision. It's a terrible thing, no one is going to deny that, but some version of it will always exist no matter the legality. Kids are an amazing addition to someone's life, but that's only because you want to put the effort into it (which is undeniably life changing and requires lifelong commitment). Pregnancy is also a dangerous, miserable process lasting almost a year, made especially so without healthcare. Add in the facts that 1 in 5 women will be raped in their lifetime and that the us has the highest maternal mortality rate in the world among industrialized countries, it's starting to look like there's a bunch more gray in the equation.

At some point we need to accept the fact that people are going to have sex a bunch more than they want kids. If you ban abortions, you will simply just drive them underground again because people will always be desperate enough to try it to escape horrible circumstances. If we really want to limit unwanted kids being aborted, we really should be pushing birth control and free healthcare, because that will actually attempt to address the actual problems that lead to abortion. Many more people might want keep kids if they could actually afford them too, but then you have to walk away from other failed policies like trickle down economics. Like i said, complicated.

Yeah I'm catholic so that definitely plays into it, and like i said it's not a good happy thing. It's a medical procedure to end a pregnancy, and is not something that could ever be confused with happy times. I also didn't fully appreciate how completely harsh our society is for the poor when i was younger. I didn't grow up rich, but i also didn't grow up in abject poverty complete with substance abuse, physical and sexual abuse, coercion and horrible choices made for you by circumstance. I honestly was sheltered from that thankfully, and so it was easy for me to accept the mantra pushed by the church that abortion is simply selfish people killing babies, and by simply ending abortion those kids have a chance to do what God intended for them.

But the sad reality is that no one wants them at all. It's one thing to drop off some canned goods during food drives and another to fully raise a child. Here in peoria il most of the money has been moving further away from peoria and going into suburbs, directly reducing funding for schools and roads. This way the taxes from their mc mansion can go directly to the 1 school where their kids go, rather than to the schools where everyone else goes. They won't even fund public schools, yet they think they have a say in other people's lives. They also maintain the "you should only marry good girls with no kids", making having a child out of wedlock a shameful thing in the first place.

I'm still against abortion, i just don't think outlawing it is the way to fix the problem. Contraception should be readily available to all, for free, and should be encouraged to all. Rather than trying to control people having sex, we should make sure they're educated and healthy. We're the only developed country on earth without free healthcare, so we need to pretend that we're the leader of the world again and catch up. Let's give mothers time off from work without losing income, so that way someone won't have to choose between work and a kid. Let's slow down helping the rich and start helping the people that need it. Let's have a minimum wage that people can actually live on, so everyone can actually feed a family without working themselves to death. Let's have intelligent drug laws so we can help people get out of addiction rather than being incarcerated and resorting to sex work to pay for it. Once you've gotten rid of the reasons people have to resort to getting an abortion then abortion goes away on its own for the most part.

Yeah I'm catholic so that definitely plays into it, and like i said it's not a good happy thing. It's a medical procedure to end a pregnancy, and is not something that could ever be confused with happy times. I also didn't fully appreciate how completely harsh our society is for the poor when i was younger. I didn't grow up rich, but i also didn't grow up in abject poverty complete with substance abuse, physical and sexual abuse, coercion and horrible choices made for you by circumstance. I honestly was sheltered from that thankfully, and so it was easy for me to accept the mantra pushed by the church that abortion is simply selfish people killing babies, and by simply ending abortion those kids have a chance to do what God intended for them.

But the sad reality is that no one wants them at all. It's one thing to drop off some canned goods during food drives and another to fully raise a child. Here in peoria il most of the money has been moving further away from peoria and going into suburbs, directly reducing funding for schools and roads. This way the taxes from their mc mansion can go directly to the 1 school where their kids go, rather than to the schools where everyone else goes. They won't even fund public schools, yet they think they have a say in other people's lives. They also maintain the "you should only marry good girls with no kids", making having a child out of wedlock a shameful thing in the first place.

I'm still against abortion, i just don't think outlawing it is the way to fix the problem. Contraception should be readily available to all, for free, and should be encouraged to all. Rather than trying to control people having sex, we should make sure they're educated and healthy. We're the only developed country on earth without free healthcare, so we need to pretend that we're the leader of the world again and catch up. Let's give mothers time off from work without losing income, so that way someone won't have to choose between work and a kid. Let's slow down helping the rich and start helping the people that need it. Let's have a minimum wage that people can actually live on, so everyone can actually feed a family without working themselves to death. Let's have intelligent drug laws so we can help people get out of addiction rather than being incarcerated and resorting to sex work to pay for it. Once you've gotten rid of the reasons people have to resort to getting an abortion then abortion goes away on its own for the most part.

As a non-practicing Catholic (as I have issues with what a lot of what the church has become), I somewhat understand what your religious thoughts on this seem to be. You've also got some good thoughts and ideas in here, and others that unfortunately allow the masses to not be responsible for their own behavior. From the libertarian perspective I hold, the ideal scenario would be for governemnt to be involved with our lives as little as possible, as well as not allowing big business (banks, medical, energy, etc.) to bribe them and be the real people in charge of things. Hope you have a good weekend.

It would be interesting to see how that overlaps with reproductive education, access to contraception and general healthcare.

Last edited:
No just ignoring the fact that a good guy used a gun to stop a bad guy. And throwing a hissy fit over being called a Good Samaritan. Lives saved by a weapon but that prick being called a Good Samaritan really chaps my ass. Lol

No, can't be real news... (attached the study below, as it's a few click-throughs to locate):

Attachments

• Cookies_in_govt_websites.pdf
    629.5 KB · Views: 0
Back