In The News...

I'd be a little leery of a study coming from a country that is TOTALLY dependent on selling gas to Europe.

As for the recent cold, look at the Polar Vortex.

The water is coming from ice melting from on land, not sea ice. The sea ice often is holding the ice on land up, so when it melts the glaciers on land flow into the sea, causing the level to rise.

Here you go, not exactly rocket science:

I'd be a little leery of a study coming from a country that is TOTALLY dependent on selling gas to Europe.
Tell me, Dane, what do you know about Russia? All your reasoning is based on the news from the TV, and reading moronic newspapers. If only. if you were of your level of development, then I would write something like that you are all kneeling before Negroes and kissing their feet, admiring faggots, lesbians and other mentally ill people and in your churches the holy fathers serve Satan.

Last edited:
I know most of your income from foreign countries come from selling natural gas.
If it was not so, why all the pressure on several countries, Denmark included, to finish the Nordstream 2 pipeline?

I also know that since we put a big dent in the plans for that one, forcing it to change course, Russian bombers and fighter planes have regularly overflown Danish air space, forcing us to repel them.
Which is good, gives our pilots something to do, now that they are no longer bombing arabs.

I don't own a TV and I sure as shit don't have churches.

I realize you are relying on a translating site( Google?) so I'll let you get away with the too harsh tone of your post, hard to fine tune stuff on those sites.

My best friend since childhood is married to a Russian Opera singer, I get a lot of my knowledge about Russia from them.
I took 2 years of Russian in High school, because I find the country fascinating, so I think you are painting me with the wrong brush.

I know most of your income from foreign countries come from selling natural gas.
If it was not so, why all the pressure on several countries, Denmark included, to finish the Nordstream 2 pipeline?

I also know that since we put a big dent in the plans for that one, forcing it to change course, Russian bombers and fighter planes have regularly overflown Danish air space, forcing us to repel them.
Which is good, gives our pilots something to do, now that they are no longer bombing arabs.

I don't own a TV and I sure as shit don't have churches.

I realize you are relying on a translating site( Google?) so I'll let you get away with the too harsh tone of your post, hard to fine tune stuff on those sites.

My best friend since childhood is married to a Russian Opera singer, I get a lot of my knowledge about Russia from them.
I took 2 years of Russian in High school, because I find the country fascinating, so I think you are painting me with the wrong brush.
Stig, did you personally see how Russian planes flew over Denmark? Maybe you can also say that Russian planes bombed Serbia, Iraq, Libya?)

@ Stig: your equanimous reply was a textbook example of interweb decency, imo. Well done, good fellow
If you are all so textbook decent and polite there, then why do your countries create chaos and are themselves aggressive towards other countries, especially those countries that cannot defend themselves against your aggression?

I wear my hair so short, that an opponent can't grab hold of it.
Braids will get you killed in a fight.

Back in 81-2 I was living in Northern California.
Weekends another guy and a gal and I would go visit other dojos and spar with their members.
One dojo, I think it was Goju-ryu, had an almost 7 feet tall guy who everybody was scared to fight.
He was a latter day hippie, so he had a long braid in his beard.
I got into it with him, managed to drop him ( Most karate practicioners were worthless on the ground back then and most still are)
Got hold of his braid, twisted it around my fist twice, turned his head as far around as it would reasonably go without turning him into owl mode and wispered in his ear: " I think you are mine now, good buddy!"
One of my most treasured fighting moments :D

Fun video, I sure miss out on some stuff by not having a TV.

It would take a helluva lot more than cutting a few trees to get me mad at Liz Hurley.

They actually managed to find an unflattering picture of her for the article. Has she taken up MMA? Doh!

Logging's pretty ugly, but what are you gonna do? It was her property to do as she saw fit. Good bonanza for firewood. After the sawlogs have been removed, there's still literally tons of quality firewood left.

Logging's pretty ugly

This reminds me of back in the day, my boss and I were logging a site and we were quite intent on doing the best job humanly possible in terms of saving the residual woods.

When we were done he said 'it looks like a damn bomb went off in there, you'd never know all the work and thought that went into it.." :lol: :dude:

This reminds me of back in the day, my boss and I were logging a site and we were quite intent on doing the best job humanly possible in terms of saving the residual woods.

When we were done he said 'it looks like a damn bomb went off in there, you'd never know all the work and thought that went into it.." :lol: :dude:
I thought this local CL post was funny because they say they won't make a mess, but show a pic of the land tore up bad. I can drag a tree out of the woods with much less mess than that.

1634405325971.png

And the little saw was funny too.

Maybe her neighbors should have bought her estate and done with it what they pleased, or just stfu and mind their own business. I can see me seeking “permission” to remove my trees.

It’s a thorny issue, the way that towns in the UK have been built often there are valuable amenity trees in the gardens of newer houses, these trees predate the house by hundreds of years.
Do we allow every owner of the house over the next 200 years do as they please? Or protect the tree in law?

Same here, actually.
Some townships have declared all trees over 10" diameter protected.
That doesn't mean you can't fell them, it just means you have to ask for permission first.

What usually happens is they call a certified arborist and ask for advice.
I've been on both sides in those cases, working for the township against saw happy tree owners and the other way round.

I have actually won 2 cases against a township and a county, where they sent some biologist, who didn't know shit about hazard trees out .

Funny thing is, after I won a big one, about 70 big, decaying poplars at a private school against Greve County, the county started calling me when they had such cases.
Sure didn't see that coming.

Back