In The News...

We have places here where the trees are a large part of what makes them attractive.
So, being semi commies and caring about the common good, we put restrictions in.
People know about those restrictions when they buy houses in the ares, so no big deal.

The town of Ringsted where I grew up, was known as " The town of red roofs" because when you drove in from the south, where the town was in vale, all the roofs were red tile, kind of like in Extremadura in Spain.
So in order to keep that look, the Town put in an ordnance, that any new houses in inner town had to have red tile roofs on them.

And the owners had to be vaccinated, of course :P

Some villages here (like mine) insist on a certain colour tile on any new houses/extensions, others a different style/colour/mix.

Some demand a certain colour lime render, approved by the mayor.

I don’t think most people object, keeps the style original.

Some villages here (like mine) insist on a certain colour tile on any new houses/extensions, others a different style/colour/mix.

Some demand a certain colour lime render, approved by the mayor.

I don’t think most people object, keeps the style original.
Sounds like government intrusion on personal rights to me. Only being allowed to paint your house in colors pleasing to the King! Because the king owns everything, we are just fortunate enough to be allowed to live there.

We have tree ordinances in most of the jurisdictions where I work. Their claimed intent is to protect the trees from wanton removal but in reality it's just another form of taxation. We have to jump through hops and pay $80 to $100 to remove a single tree in someone's back yard while developers routinely raze hundreds of forested acres at a time for new apartments and shopping malls.

This australian guy is 59 y o, has a PhD in marine ecology, earned $10b in profit last year with his iron ore mining company and he is planning to turn all his mining trucks and entire company fully green within 10 years.

Sounds like government intrusion on personal rights to me. Only being allowed to paint your house in colors pleasing to the King! Because the king owns everything, we are just fortunate enough to be allowed to live there.

Not sure the King was involved, they cut his head off a good while ago now,

Hey mate, that was rude AF, no need to be a c unt now is there?

I think that was a very polite version of "ownership only extends so far". Can you dispose of hazardous waste by burying it in your "owned" land. Nope, cause it affects others. Extrapolate bro

I was referring to the 'I'm not surprised' part, not the brass tacks of the argument.

Mick has a bug up his arse about Treesmith afaik.

We all get a kick out of the Mick's dry, blunt, straightforward, call a spade a spade approach but we'd be better off here at the House if Mick didn't try to pick fights in one spot because of disagreements elsewhere, imo.

If i'm off base then I should be shot.

If one doesn't like the little rules of an area they are always free to leave or not go there in the first place.

The most significant reason for tree management I can see is how changes may affect drainage...that argument goes back to the beginnings of property "ownership". Any other reasons seem fairly superficial to me. Just my opinion though.

Stripped the boat of fishing gear, changed oil in the Subaru, walked the dog, did laundry, and now I have to clean the house before the wifey gets back home on the morning jet tomorrow. :/:

No clue why I posted this here...thought it was the how'd it go today. :lol:

Last edited:
Mellow said 80-100 bucks a tree for permit….. Silicon Valley especially Cupertino can be $2k for a single tree….. and a 36” box replacement tree installed… if you have no room then you get to cut the parking lot and install it there. Cheers.

I was referring to the 'I'm not surprised' part, not the brass tacks of the argument.

Mick has a bug up his arse about Treesmith afaik.

We all get a kick out of the Mick's dry, blunt, straightforward, call a spade a spade approach but we'd be better off here at the House if Mick didn't try to pick fights in one spot because of disagreements elsewhere, imo.

If i'm off base then I should be shot.

In all my disagreements with Treesmith, which have been manifold and will likely continue, I have never called him a c unt, which you have called me twice now.
So thanks for the lecture on online civility.

Back