In The News...

Likely started using “harvest” to keep the antis from crapping their pants. Don’t mind them doing it, mind you, but they’re stubborn and rude and when they keep sitting there squirming in it, the stench is repulsive.

Well, then, do throw thy head back and lavish us with thine explanation, since you don't like mine! I'd wager it had much to do with trying to keep peace with all the morons who are so worried about animals being killed.

I’m not sure as to why, but I can’t see how it would mollify the animal rights brigade. I mean they’re hardly likely to hear the word ‘Harvest‘ and suddenly lose interest in the procedure.

If you’re going to kill something, then say you’re killing it, culling it, shooting it or whatever, you’re not picking runner beans.

This argument just takes the focus off mental illness,health and wellbeing.The gun control argument occupies the simple minded whilst both democrats and Republicans make bank from private Healthcare and big Pharmaceutical companies.

Yet here we go again,with the argument that simply banning an object will solve the problem. All those fuckwits currently on edge, will surely drop their shoulders and stabilize their mental state should certain weapons become unavailable. Or plot even more insidious crimes.

Sadly a small percentage of the population in every country on earth will try and hurt others,the magnitude of that harm depends solely on the twisted creativity of the perpetrator. Detonating 1000kg of home made explosive in the center of Oslo had long been illegal, the possession of explosive heavily regulated,yet here in the world's richest and most highly educated country it still happened.

Brevik was the son of a diplomat,he enjoyed a privileged upbringing and had the world at his feet.Yet because he could read and apply high-school level chemistry to his plot he could carry out his attack.

Then with his hunting rifle he killed 50 odd kids.

The incidence of mass shootings is statistically insignificant thankfully.As tragic as they are,the likelihood of becoming a victim is miniscule in comparison to workplace accidents or traffic incidents.

A real difference could be made in the states with universal Healthcare. Sadly its money before people and so it goes.

If handing in my guns would prevent just one shooting,believe me I would be first in line.But it won't because sane law abiding people aren't the problem.

Health professionals to treat the ill and involved policing to correct the latter.

Re hunt vs harvest... The way a lot of people "hunt" deer around here is basically harvesting. They've got a feeding station setup, game cameras, and state of the art camouflage while they're 15' up a tree on an expensive platform. It's just a half step away from going to the grocery store and buying meat. The only way it could get easier is having a sentry bot shoot the deer for you.

I don't have a problem with it or anything, but it isn't hunting anymore than shooting a steer in a field is.

Re hunt vs harvest... The way a lot of people "hunt" deer around here is basically harvesting. They've got a feeding station setup, game cameras, and state of the art camouflage while they're 15' up a tree on an expensive platform. It's just a half step away from going to the grocery store and buying meat. The only way it could get easier is having a sentry bot shoot the deer for you.

I don't have a problem with it or anything, but it isn't hunting anymore than shooting a steer in a field is.
Now, John, it’s a bit more than shooting a steer...

You kill plants when harvesting them, they just die slower. Keep the dead grain in the pantry and dead meat in the freezer.

I've hunted with an AR15, mainly because it was handy, but I could see them being quite useful for pests like hogs if you needed a large magazine to knock out a herd without having to stop to reload.

I shot a deer with a .223 years ago (not an AR), and will never do so again. Clean kill, double-lung shot, between ribs both sides. She ran 150 yards, near zero blood trail. Unless I need to, I’ll never do that again. Too many good calibers to use. (And for all the hype about the “high power” of the .223/5.56, it’s a .22-caliber bullet, usually 50-55 grains. Paltry compared to a real rifle.

Re hunt vs harvest... The way a lot of people "hunt" deer around here is basically harvesting... ...It's just a half step away from going to the grocery store and buying meat...

It's similar with the "wild" hogs. The main difference between harvesting with a gun and buying from the grocery store is price. Hunting is about $40 or $50 a pound. :|:

I shot one with the AR15 at 150-200yds, the bullet stoped at the heart, it ran about 20yds and dropped. I have since gone to using a lighter and faster .243, but don't hunt anymore because of a meat allergy. I shot a 9 point last winter for my dad right in the spine of the neck at 35yds, instantly fell. The bullet didn't quite make it out the back.

Get that from a tick?
So it seems, maybe from several ticks. Who knows, maybe a vaccine did it. Seems to me like the bee sting allergy, you can get stung throughout your life, then all of a sudden you become allergic. I think something has changed recently causing people to get the meat allergy because you never used to hear about it until 10 years ago. It became really common 5 years ago.

That's a bummer. Depending on the specifics, I'd be alright without meat, but if dairy caused a reaction too, I'd be a miserable SOB.

I distinguish ticks species by the disease they cause.

You got the old school Rocky Mountain spotted fever tick
The Lyme disease tick
The new and improved meat allergy tick

They seem to get worse over time. Probably due for a leprosy tick D^:

Unfortunately, vaccines are a cause of so many food allergies, but the dogma "all vaccines are safe" and "the science is settled" haunts anyone trying to even have rational discussions about things in them. Most of us in our late 40's and beyond remember growing up, that food allergies were almost non-existent. I talked to old-time school nurses about this as my kids started going to school 8-12 yrs. ago, and they all commented, "Yea, you're right. What could have happened?". This all started around the late 80's, after the 1986 Vaccine Indemnity Act coerced into law by congress via Big Pharma (if you don't exempt us from prosecution for vaccine injuries, we can't viably produce them). After that, the schedule quickly ramped up, and food allergies, autism-like syndromes, type-1 diabetes and other conditions started becoming more prevalent.

Well, as I was now older and more willing to study up on things "outside the norm", I started to research and look at all the "studies" done on vaccine safety, The big pharma/medical journals (mostly funded by big pharma) only focused on few small safety studies that focused on the thimerasol/mercury component, which was less than compelling. What I found from further research was the list of all the other questionable ingredients that were used, and 2 compelling books both pointed to the adjuvant (what causes the immune system to be over-stimulated) aluminum, a toxic metal when ingested by humans, After reading these, the light went off in my head "They told me when I was diagnosed w/Type-1 diabetes as a child, that it was most likely genetic and we'd find cases 2-3 generations back in my family lines". Well, we looked and couldn't find a single case on either side of my family going back 4 generations. But I did find in my pediatric records about 4 months before I was diagnosed that I had one of the early triple vaxxs (forget if it was DTap or TDaP, I lost the records in a basement flood), and those are like the MMR vaccine, 3 live viruses and 3x the aluminum being pumped into a young child to "stimulate" the immune system to create the "response", that being to mimic what the immune system does naturally.

I'm now convinced it was a vaccine (and the aluminum in them) that caused my malady, as there is nothing else to point to. Unfortunately, my parents weren't well educated enough at the time, nor was there ample literature back then to point them down this path to go after the pharmas (it was the mid-70's, and my parents got whacked by that recession), so they just accepted what they were told, and I was only 8, so I didn't know better.

The second book that confirmed it for me I read shortly after it came out (because one of my best friends had all 3 of his kids diagnosed "on the spectrum", and both his daughters develop debilitating conditions from the HPV vaccines) was this:

" www.amazon.com/How-Autism-Epidemic-J-B-Handley/dp/1603588248/ref=sr_1_2?crid=AY7IJM23YTSV&dchild=1&keywords=jb+handley+how+to+end+the+autism+epidemic&qid=1618787905&sprefix=jb+handley%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-2 "

I am not necessarily anti-vaxx, but I believe the decision to vaccinate children should be left up to parents doing their own research/making decisions, and not by govt/school systems/pressure to "do it for the greater good" that exists today (as these side-effects don't affect everyone, but do affect enough to allow the conversation to be had, not just dismissed the way it is).

With that little bomb drop, I'll start a new "Vaccine discussion" thread in the philosophy forum thread, so as not to derail this one. I'll copy this over there, so please start the replies/discussion there. Thanx.

Fwiw, I used 'harvest' because I felt it indicated a greater respect for the animal than 'kill'

We never heard if it was good eating

Back