How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 182K
Nice looking splices.

That ruler made me chuckle, I'm still wondering under what circumstances someone over the drink drive limit would need a ruler, and then be reminded not to drive. Maybe they were lining up all the empties and measuring how far they stretch?

30 minutes!

yde3a9yj.jpg

eruzeqav.jpg

Awesome job Nick! I believe you left feedback on Treestuff saying that you can use a double fisherman's on the rigging rings as well. Do you have pics of that as well?

It gets so tight you have to cut it off, but I have loaded the hell out of a few mocked up things just like whats in the picture. While it doesnt look awesome, there were no performance issues

It works for you and will work for me. I have some rigging line that I purchased from Army Surplus years ago just taking up space in the garage. The company is Atwood and the rope is 5/8. I was thinking of buying some rings and doing just what you did since I am always rigging in tight places. I have one CMI block so these rings would be a great addition to my rigging gear. Thanks, Nick!

5/8 double braid is super easy to splice. I can send you some wire with the package and you can make up a wire fid and thats all you need. (I have 150 something feet left, got it for $10 vs $12/wire fid!)

I pretty sure it's 16 strand. I have kinda abused the rope really definitely not worth splicing. I have some Husky 9/16" that I could play with splicing. I will give that wire fid a try if you have some to spare.

After being crazy busy with work I'm back into doing a lot of splicing! Did all these over the past few days, plus 4 or 5 others not pictured.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379283926.124312.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379283935.718387.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379283914.822895.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379283914.822895.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 78
Yes sir, you been busy splicin'! Nice lookin' work. :thumbup:
Surgery tomorrow, I won't be doin' too much for "a while". :(
Thanks again for directing me to instructions for that 11mm 16 strand. ;)

Here's my first "infirmity induced project"..... :D
Pretty happy with how it came out. 10mm All Gear TVP cord
with a 30kn CT steel ring spliced in. HD climbing prussic..... ;)
Any help on what I need to do for whip/lockstich? :?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8953 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8953 - Copy.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8954 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8954 - Copy.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8955 - Copy.jpg