How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 179K
Thanks, it's the opposite of Xstatic, nice and soft and the weave is looser than the Drenaline so I would say easier to splice.
but do you think it will milk a lot? drenaline milked alot, sometimes making it impossible to descend with a hitch.

Static strength, splice is subjected to 15kN for three minutes, the numbers you see are what the splices eventually broke at, the requirement is 15kn.

The dynamic results on the right requires an 100kg weight being dropped 2m, the requirement is for the splice to survive 5 drops, my Tachyon failed on the 6th drop at the attachment knot and had a damaged cover after the 4th my Drenaline survived 7 drops with no failure. You need to have a peak force of no more than 6kN.

Static strength, splice is subjected to 15kN for three minutes, the numbers you see are what the splices eventually broke at, the requirement is 15kn.

The dynamic results on the right requires an 100kg weight being dropped 2m, the requirement is for the splice to survive 5 drops, my Tachyon failed on the 6th drop at the attachment knot and had a damaged cover after the 4th my Drenaline survived 7 drops with no failure. You need to have a peak force of no more than 6kN.
Are you in the spLIFE program, was wondering what became of their approved hitch cord splice?

Are you in the spLIFE program, was wondering what became of their approved hitch cord splice?

Yes I am certified to spLIFE Tachyon and Drenaline and also Komora and Kanopa for Courant, still waiting on the results for Kalimba.I don't know anything about the hitch cord splice but as they sew those terminations which is easier and faster and more efficient I doubt whether it has continued.

Last edited:
When they launched the program it was mentioned so anyone could do hitch cords without the expense of a sewing machine. With spliced cords, as long as not a double braid, the cover can be made a little baggy for more flexibility. Milking some of the slack towards the eyes gives more useable cord between the eyes. There’s also the form over function view.
47FA4CB2-1096-41A5-A502-71424CE880E5.jpeg

Back