How'd it go today?

You people are monsters, no one should make that much noise that early!
My closest neighbor told me he can’t even hear a chainsaw running when he’s inside. I’m three days into my vacation and I’ve been up by five and outside splitting by 6:30.😜

I have a crane class to teach later today. My oldest is getting a crane made by Bruder ( they make some pretty sweet toys) and we’re going to go over some proper rigging so she doesn’t flop it😆

Last edited:
So, former employer gave me the heave ho early on Friday (turns out HR was all going to be on vacation from today to the end of the year, so they were willing to pay me in lieu of resignation and bonus, pay me for the vacation day I had scheduled for that day). Took the kids that night and made the 7hr drive up to North Vermont for skiing through Xmas day. While it's been stuck in the 20's in my neck of the woods, they got some freaky ~50 deg. weather last weekend and rain, so half the mountain we're on is almost bare. :X:X:X

At least the ski club deal we got eases the pain a bit, and the wife and her friends are cooking hot pot, dumplings and double cooked pork for meals. The Asian connection does have it's fringe benes.... :thumb:

What kind of chart does that bad boy have Rich?
Funny, they left that off of it. It has a flip up door so the operator can see for high angle work, tool and cribbing storage, and a place for the counter weights behind the cab for road travel. Also a strobe package
The best part is she bought it with her money from grandpa and it was 40% off. Makes it a bit more bearable of a purchase.
These kids are scaring me though. They are at a low angle with the jib on trying to pick up a Volvo rock truck. Since they are well out of the chart, they have an excavator holding the outriggers on the far side!!! I can see a toppled crane in the near future🤯😆

Great pic, Rich. How much do you get for a cord, its $275 here but you can pay more or less too depending on whom you buy from

So, do you still work there???

Not any more. I gave 2 weeks notice so that on 1/2/2020, I'll be full time arborist w/the company I kicked off. Fleet is now in gear and brush monkeys are ready to go:

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_111549.jpg
    IMG_20191128_111549.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20191128_111300.jpg
    IMG_20191128_111300.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20191128_111253.jpg
    IMG_20191128_111253.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 14
Funny, they left that off of it. It has a flip up door so the operator can see for high angle work, tool and cribbing storage, and a place for the counter weights behind the cab for road travel. Also a strobe package
The best part is she bought it with her money from grandpa and it was 40% off. Makes it a bit more bearable of a purchase.
These kids are scaring me though. They are at a low angle with the jib on trying to pick up a Volvo rock truck. Since they are well out of the chart, they have an excavator holding the outriggers on the far side!!! I can see a toppled crane in the near future🤯😆
Lol I don't think I would have bought it without a chart.

Deva asked if we had more big ones we might need help with. Not so much really. A lot are done and gone. Doing a lot of dead oaks now. Most the pines we do now are alive and under 100 feet. Rigged 3 of four the other day for leaning over a house. We have been getting some good winter storms now, and folks are worried about storm throw and break outs. Been cleaning up a lot of that of late, more to go. Heavy snow or sheet rain with high winds are breaking pines in half and up rooting them. There are crews doing tons of line clearance more aggressively since pg&E got sued and the state slapped them hard. Big rush. Not my cup of tea though. I stay away from municipalities, county, state, federal and utility work. Constant fuckery in that. No thanks. More appreciation in the private sector. Consistent monies and less travel.
Tell ya what though. Sure feel weird now to climb a perfectly green healthy pine, tie in way up high in 3" wood and rig it down. No death wobble. Limbs not falling off trying to smack you in the head. Actual hinge wood. Forgotten how nice it was.

Back