How'd it go today?

Yesterday had some shop time, tried to catch up on work, only got one electric hydraulic pump fixed, my brother called to go to my Dad's to get some things ready for Saturday's funeral. My Dad seemed upset at my brother and his wife, didn't seem to want them there, he wanted me to help with his bed, move it and clean it up. Got some pics of my mom and Gabrielle printed up. Shop day today, had a few custys show up, give condolences. Fixed 3 spa pumps, now going to shower and go buy a new tie and belt for tomorrow, visitation/funeral is from 1 to 5. Mom will get cremated afterwards. Hope my girlfriend, Gabrielle and especially my Dad can hold up all that time. Thanks again everyone.

Trimmed the last of ~110 trees at the golf course today. Actually had to climb this one (Locust) and remove one lead. The rest were mostly all Spruce being lifted from ground about 6' to make finding balls, and mowing easier, and to give folks a few more shots on the course.

Heading down tomorrow morning to pick up Nics' (timbertramp) Son to help me do all the clean-up.

Very!

Pretty much get told what needs done if something new/different, then left on my own to accomplish it as I see fit. I usually get more done than is expected, so don't get checked up on much except to see if I need anything.

We are closed for the season now, so it's pretty peaceful there. I do about 4 hours a day weekdays, come and go pretty much as I please, and have some input on scheduling what will get done when.

Should be completely done for the season around the end of this month.

There have been wolves at times Cory.

We think that they travel between Yellowstone and the Cyprus Hills in Canada. I think that's where the occasional moose comes from too.

I have yet to see one, but my dad has seen wolves and so did Grandpa. Grandpa used to get a shot off at a mountain lion too once in a while.

Thanks, Jim. Mountain lions in that treeless expanse??

Its a good day. Back on the TreeHouse. Had PC snafu...my saved password was lost for Southsoundtree. Couldn't get the resets to work.

Been swamped. Moved home and shop, started D in a new school. This, That, and the Other.

Have a storm about to kick our butts.

Bought a 461, 261, and 193t etc for the storm at the Stihl Dealer, and $1150 bucks worth of Stuff from Wesspur, so that it would be here today, for tomorrow. One broken tree so far, but it can wait, vacation home. One blocked driveway... maybe tomorrow.

I've been lurking the whole while, but missing on out some of the good stuff. Just before moving, both employees hurt themselves, so I was left to move house and shop on my own, as my GF was also very sick at the time. Been digging out since. Now the storm.

I can't understand why you have to reregister for the 4th time.

Attachments

• sean1.jpg
    sean1.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 48
Its a good day. Back on the TreeHouse. Had PC snafu...my saved password was lost for Southsoundtree. Couldn't get the resets to work.

Been swamped. Moved home and shop, started D in a new school. This, That, and the Other.

Have a storm about to kick our butts.

Bought a 461, 261, and 193t etc for the storm at the Stihl Dealer, and $1150 bucks worth of Stuff from Wesspur, so that it would be here today, for tomorrow. One broken tree so far, but it can wait, vacation home. One blocked driveway... maybe tomorrow.

I've been lurking the whole while, but missing on out some of the good stuff. Just before moving, both employees hurt themselves, so I was left to move house and shop on my own, as my GF was also very sick at the time. Been digging out since. Now the storm.

Glad to see you back, Sean.

WAY busy, Sean...surprised you had any time to even lurk.

Good to read you...sounds like you have been bobbing and weaving. Stay focused with the storm work.

Welcome back, Bro!

Safety in the storm!

MB, sometimes weird puter chit happens- Ive been here since The Beginning, used to post with you on TB which led me here, but couldn't successfully sign up here for a long time. You tried to help me and even that didn't work. Then finally, after a long time, for whatever reason, I was able to log in.

Thanks, guys.

I don't know, either Butch. The Password reset links didn't work for me, again and again. Periodically, I would try again, while swamped, and it wouldn't work. I'd say, I'll try again later. Sometimes that was a month later. Possibly total operator error. Didn't seem so.

Also, I figured it might be better professionally to have my real name out there. Shouldn't hurt.

Just in time for this storm, I've got some knee issue, as of yesterday. Hopefully. it will subside, but I'm concerned about a partial tear. A medial collateral ligament or miniscus, maybe, but I'm obviously no doctor. Spurless climbing the day two days before???? Have to find time to see a doctor.

Whatever it was, it is good to have you back.
I think there is a whole thread somewhere about: "What the Hell Happened to Sean."

It really hurts all of us when old time members go AWOL.

Welcome back Sean. Hope you're doing well. Also glad the big storm missed you. Well unless you really wanted a lot of storm work.

Glad you are back Sean. Hasn't been the same without ya!

We shipped a load of steers today. Gawdawful muddy mess.

My hips were starting to click by the end of the day. Take a step, pull your leg out of your boot. I think it loosened the ligaments.

Sold them at 640, ended up weighing 690 and up. They had to take the top end off, brought them back home.

Got them down to 656, as low as we could go. Weaned the rest of the calves. We will dry lot them for a week or so and them turn them out onto cover crops.

Watching Big Jake now, good end to a tough day.

Years ago I would be starting my second bottle of whiskey by now. Now iced tea and corn bread have taken the place of pills and 90 proof.....

Back