How'd it go today?

Unfortunately no. Getting cut to firewood that will never get split or used. You need a skiddy just to move the 18" rounds. I wish I could do something with it but it's back in the woods. Did a rough calculation on the weight. Came out to about 15 tons.

Too bad. That's where a portable chainsaw mill comes in handy, if you can at least transport the slabs over the distance.

One of my favorite workers ever but I don't understand what his malfunction is with driving.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tD4q3leE5Uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yar August! Better send him back for retraining.

Drove to the country and wrecked 2 nice redwoods and a beautiful liquidambar.....because the dog didn't like stepping on the little tree balls. Yikes.

As I got out of the truck she's telling me how her husband has a list for us when we get done early.....I was like Huh? The 2 of us underbid a 4 person crew....we finished at 2:30 and then I drove home for 2 hours......HA!

This is the life.

I don't know how many guys were on site August but I always drilled into my guys that nothing looks more stupid than two guys in a truck while it hits something. Get a spotter out there when sh-t gets tight.

He pulled into it and sideswiped it with the top of the truck going forward. Second time he's done it.
Was literally warned not to do it three times before he did it.
One of my favorite workers ever but I don't understand what his malfunction is with driving.
I had an acquaintance work for me one summer and it seemed like everything I cautioned about got wrecked. He's hinted a few times about coming back but I never took the bait, haven't heard from him in awhile now.

I don't know how many guys were on site August but I always drilled into my guys that nothing looks stupider than two guys in a truck while it hits something. Get a spotter out there when sh-t gets tight.

Very true. It's a form of laziness to which I'm partial I'm afraid.

"Get a spotter out there when shit gets tight"

Print that up and stick it in the cab August.

That hitting things with a truck or chipper or trailer or whatever used to piss me off. I feel it mostly comes from laziness. The driver is to lazy to stop and get out and look to make certain they aren't hitting anything and often the passenger is sitting on their ass texting their girlfriend about what to do that evening while it all happens. There really is no good excuse for it that I can think of.

Climbing coconuts in the breeze yesterday, I like cleanup time when I can slice the top off a small nut with the machete and drink it right then and there.

I made up a long second lanyard today, climbing lots of little trees and two lanyards is all I need, no point dragging 150' of rope around when I'm only going to use 20.

How many people use old throw line almost as much as duct tape to make and fix things? My latest field fix is some throwline, an old aluminium ring and some duct tape to make a short lanyard to hang my 150 on the harness...I know I have a proper one somewhere, but CAN I find it?????

Not scratched! But the gig did happen. I got some video...I'll see what I can make of it.

Attachments

• Tree - PETA - Cat rescue clip still 2JPG.jpg
    Tree - PETA - Cat rescue clip still 2JPG.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 3.jpg
    Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 4.jpg
    Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 5.jpg
    Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 6.jpg
    Tree - PETA - Cat rescue still JPGs 6.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 43
I've kept and maintained a Porch.com business website for more than 3 years, but I often wondered why I bothered......until today. I received my very first Porch.com customer today. Cool.

Joel

I don't know how many guys were on site August but I always drilled into my guys that nothing looks more stupid than two guys in a truck while it hits something. Get a spotter out there when sh-t gets tight.

I like that.

Ferchrissakes, nobody thought the Full metal Jacket clip was funny?? Tough crowd:/:

Back