How'd it go today?

I really like that shed. A lot.

Do you have plans for that?

I haven't forgotten about you Jim. Now that we have some nice weather, I'm doing all I can outside, which seems to be mostly fixing the front tires on my Kubota lately. Battled one for three days, but I got it on points in the sixth round.:lol: Then the next morning, the other one was flat.:|: I'll fire up the old phone and see if there are any pics of the shed without the roof or siding on.

Problem is...it's too nice to use....:cry::lol:

I came very close to buying an '05 F350 single-wheel, but was a bit wary of the engine. Made the mistake of sitting in a new one....:O

Sharp truck scott. My next will be that truck, just extra cab with short box.

Really happy with my motor, they seem to be really making a name for themselves in the positive.

Chip truck done w/DOT registration and signage today, got lawn mowed in between sprinkles, Picked up one goofy little job and took goofy calls on a couple more.

Guy tells me I was highest bid but he would kinda like me to do the work and wonders if I'll come down some on my estimate...told him it was an estimate, not a bid, and did some 'splaning again to him, that it might be more and might be less depending on methodology, unforeseen circumstances, etc...He'll talk to his wife and call me back:|:

Had a fun day today, atleast on one of the three jobs.
70tonne on sight for all of 78min chipped and processed to firewood

image.jpg

Looks like a crispy one squisher.

Pruned a couple 40 year old apple trees today. It was relaxing. Fire danger is really high right now around here. . .

Big confidence booster today. Took care of some mowing clients most of today, which went better than I anticipated. Then went to my buddy's house to drop 2 pines. He asked me last week to look at them, then I found out he had a "tree guy" come in to top a row of smaller pines that were into the electric lines, and drop a large cedar (well, large for PA, sapling in the PNW) and the remaining 2 (of 3) codominant pine spars. He didn't know I was doing tree work till after the other guy jerked around with the job and realized he was over his head and is afraid of the tall trees. So today I went to drop the 65 to 70' spars, which they had already mostly stripped using a lift. I dropped a few more limbs to give more safety margin for his neighbors roof, set pull lines, then dropped 'em from about 15 feet so he could have the trunk carved into a bear. There was only about 20 ft between the houses, and the second spar was leaning the wrong way, with the top weighted even more to the wrong side. I had my friend pull with his truck, with specific instructions NOT to gun it. It went perfectly, I nailed the exact spot I wanted to land it, did't even touch any of the obstacles I was trying to avoid. I was really sweating it when we dropped the second one, but the results just confirmed that the learnings from the treehouse have helped me grow into a capable and confident tree faller. I can't thank everyone here enough for all the help, tips, knowledge, etc that I have received. I charged him about half for the job, but the confidence boost would have made it worthwhile even if I did the job for free.

Good report of a job well done.

I agree...info shared here can make a big difference in the results we get doing tree work.

I bet today will lead to more work.

Good deal Chris! Always nice to find your game is coming on.

Did a little cutting for Nick (timbertramp) this morning then came home and got things ready to go up and do stumps for another week. Only a few hundred to go; hoping I'm done this time up but not counting on it. Have to make a quick trip back here Mon for Dr. appt. and I'll drop off some teeth for sharpening, then back at it for the rest of the week.

I'm looking forward to getting out in the woods and away from things for a bit...even if I have to run a stumper to do it.

I changed the A/C compressor in the girlfriend's car, hope this one lasts more than a year, doubt it, oh well, her dime, labour, refrigerant she got for free. (yeah, I'm a hoarder....)

Had a big maple take down scheduled for last weekend and the next two weekends, well, HO canceled, oh well, another customer got bumped up, small jobs, but many of them on this property.

On a recent trip to Tampa Fl. my damned air conditioner went on the fritz about Atlanta .Damn near cooked .The blend door actuator was the cause .

Freakin dealer wanted $650 for the repairs .WTH ,I did it for less than 50 in parts and about 4.5 hours of my time .

Back