How'd it go today?

Went to business network meeting, estimated one job, loaded and delivered one cord firewood by hand( loader a no go at 10°) for regular customer. Home next to fire now, -20 wind chill now, to cold to be out anymore. Tomorrow looks worse. Anyone else hibernating?

No, t-shirt weather today here in nor cal, upper 60's

I'm lucky to get room to fell a 20ft stem most days Reg! Gardens must be proportionate to the size of the trees over there. I spend most of my days fitting 60ish ft trees into postage stamp sized gardens

Went to business network meeting, estimated one job, loaded and delivered one cord firewood by hand( loader a no go at 10°) for regular customer. Home next to fire now, -20 wind chill now, to cold to be out anymore. Tomorrow looks worse. Anyone else hibernating?

Not hibernating less than an hour south of you. A bit ill at the moment, but hopefully back at it tomorrow.

Still working storm cleanup here! Shit tons of spruce and juniper down. Worked on a cool big money property. Removed a bunch of trees, chipped storm damage and in the process of pruning 42 birch.

Gotta love winter storms.

Two weeks into a massive clearance job

Bummer on the jobs worth dick, but post some more pics, sounds like a nice job.

Worked a mile from the house today in Snoqualmie. Was awesome to have the wife and the two little girls out to the job. The boys were happy for the chocolate chip cookies. Three easy removals with lots of space and few restrictions. Super fun day.

Nice, Jed.

I worked a mile down the road. Stopped home for lunch and drop the chipper after barely having enough power and traction to pull my chipper up and out from a water front property while dry. I was prepared to double team it up the hill if needed. The sprinkle that came two hours later would have done me in. Yay, Moss! Almost slid into the tree that has been slid into multiple times by delivery trucks on the way down yesterday. I just had to remember, skidding means no steering at a slower rate, not braking means picking up speed quickly, but steering out of the mud, for more great traction.

Hence, my interest in a mini-mounted chipper for some jobs. It could certainly mean a lot less hauling offsite.

Trying to reduce and restructure this mistletoe infected broken up maple... Maybe have it all done tomorrow. Friggen mess. Epicormic sprouts all over the thing from all the break outs. Mistletoe on every leader. :P

Attachments

• 20150212_110941ed.jpg
    20150212_110941ed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20150212_111009ed.jpg
    20150212_111009ed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20150212_130229ed.jpg
    20150212_130229ed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • 20150212_153349ed.jpg
    20150212_153349ed.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 48
Some pics from this afternoon. We were able to ferry and build up a big chip pile with the mini loader. Took an hour but it was worth it. Camera is set on timelaps which is why it stays the same positions throughout. 130 degree lens angle too so it looks a little blurry in parts.. TL000459.jpg TL000653.jpg TL000808.jpg TL000908.jpg TL000947.jpg TL000044.jpg TL000046.jpg TL000263.jpg 20150212_122708_resized.jpg

Way to scare those keeper trees. Looks a lot easier to buck into logs/ rounds when its not in a foot deep trench. biggun

Was supposed to start a nice easy many tree removal job today but got a text at 6:00 am saying it was to cold to work. My wife sent the boss a pic of me out splitting wood at 7:30 and -1 F. It's supposed to be cold all weekend so I'll do a good bit of damage to the woodpile I guess. That and catch up on some threads and work on my wish list from Treestuff
Nice drop by the way Reg.

Took down a dead pine leaning toward a house covered in wisteria, client (who already was paying a fair sum for the job) Was so happy she gave my two groundies €50 each, I got a bottle of quality cognac and Charlie the cocker got ham, beef and a bit of bread, consequently she only came home in the van reluctantly!

Back