How'd it go today?

Took some limbs off a fraxinus on my way to the valley for some shopping. Nic elittle one hour job to pay for the trip and holiday dinner..
Found some wrapping paper at Tractor Supply in a hunter theme (Bucks) for 7.99 for wrapping the boys rifles.
It was big enough I can wrap the rifle boxes.. Awesome
Then Seth (12) pointed out that the bucks seemed to be in rut and that their penises were showing.. Mom confirmed. PRICELESS

Could be. Or genetics. Is SAD less prevalent in countries which have very short daylight in winter?
A recent study showed that those of us who have for countless generations lived in dark winters get along without vitamin D, better than those mediterranean types, negros and whatnot.

Kind of figures.

It also showed that a supplement of vitamin D can help against SAD.

I'm just lucky, I think. Lots of people here eat antidepressives all winter to keep from hanging themself from the nearest tree ( You need a flash light for that if you do it after work)

Darkness never bothered me at all.
I have also never been afraid of it. In my travelling years, I'd mostly be by myself, so I've spent literally years alone in my little tent in the big woods, the desert, whatever.
Never bothered me at all , not even in Grizzly bear country.

Doc said yes to Vitamin D supplementation, AND get levels tested, as it does something with calcium that if too high leads to calcium deposits in joints.

I just got done at the city hall, officially married now. New wife is real happy so life is real happy. I thought I saw some stress in her eyes when the better or worse part came up lol. Now she gets to plan the reception so it has been an awesome holiday season. My boys may be even more excited than us.

:thumbup:
I just got done at the city hall, officially married now. New wife is real happy so life is real happy. I thought I saw some stress in her eyes when the better or worse part came up lol. Now she gets to plan the reception so it has been an awesome holiday season. My boys may be even more excited than us.
Good for you!

Work is closed to January 5th, time off for me! My wife is off for four days at Christmas but otherwise she is working. I wrote the word 'off' on the calendar on the wall, once each day that I am not working, it must be some sort of feminine code word for 'freak out jealously'. My plans are simple; go to bed early, get up late, eat well, hang out with my kid and maybe go camping for a night or two.

Yea Paul, they don't always handle that well.

Speaking of which, I need to go change out of my fuzzy pants and into some work cloths before the wife gets home. :D

Should add I am resting up after taking a slide from the top of these steps covered in ice the other night.

Now they look like this.

The old crippled dog and myself are much happier with the new ones.

I've been watching this tree climber here in Bucerias, Mexico for the last week harvesting coconuts at our resort..
He doesn't work in the hot afternoon sun only in the mornings. He goes up as high as 6 stories rigging down bunches of coconuts with a stiff 3 strand 11mm yellow rope. He climbs up on a 3/4" soft 3 strand tied into 2 slings to hold one foot and the other he supports the other leg in under the knee. He has a belt wih a work positioning lanyard.
Works with a machete and when a drink is needed a coconut is chopped open and he's good to go.
Took some good pics but can't send them from my phone, will have to wait till after New Year's.

I'll be interested in those coconut climbing pics Willard.
I regularly spike coconuts, been trying to think up a way to use something less invasive to hold my feet to the trunk on the way up and while standing at the top to work, especially for the palms I do every year.

Jay's Japanese climbing sticks would do that for you. I have been working with them some...still working to get smooth, quick ties like this guy does...I can see using them in small tops:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hdjCNg1QTM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back