How'd it go today?

Just got back from England today.... first time Ive been back there in over 3 years. 3 connecting flights to get home and a lot of air miles, not to mention hours of hanging around in airports also....Im not feeling too fresh as a result. But anyway, was nice to see and get some time with fellow members Steve Bullman, Bonner, Pete Mctree and Rich:thumbup: Not to mention lots of other tree workers that I chatted with also, but Im not sure they're active members here. Whatever, Im beat:sleep:

On a job where another tree company left standing trunks everywhere. Picking oak spars all morning with a crane. Easy work but a lot of different setups. image.jpg its a wonder they can see anything from the crane. image.jpg

It was nice to catch up Reg & I hope you managed to drive a few sales as a result.

Work is picking up at last. Grabbed a couple of new companies to contract climb for :)

Just got back from a road trip to Arvada Colorado ,just north of Denver .Good trip .2600 miles of corn fields more or less .

I was only about 20 miles from Littleton but didn't drop in for a visit .

Early start today. Made it for coffee a minute before my helper only to hear a strange noise from the chipper. Looked like loose lug nuts. They were tight, so we moved on about 3/4 mi. Lost a wheel tire and axle right there. Damn these used machines! Nobody got hurt and it happened at a quick stop at a buddy's, so it could have been much worse.
Anybody have a decent machine for sale?

Early start today. Made it for coffee a minute before my helper only to hear a strange noise from the chipper. Looked like loose lug nuts. They were tight, so we moved on about 3/4 mi. Lost a wheel tire and axle right there. Damn these used machines! Nobody got hurt and it happened at a quick stop at a buddy's, so it could have been much worse.
Anybody have a decent machine for sale?
That sucks man. Seen that happen before and it's no fun

Sorry, no good used anything around here.

I do, however, have tree work piling up. It's actually pretty cool to finally have my phone ringing, and it seems that most of the big outfits in the area (not many, like two), are unwilling to take on small maintenance tasks. I'm getting work doing one or two limbs and some general clearance stuff. Also found a few older guys with log trucks who are willing to do cleanup, so for the odd removal, I don't have to deal with the logs. . . The big boss at my day job also has started pricing and compensating areal removals accordingly, which is super cool.

I also just sent off the paper work for a bigger General Liability policy, just for me, to try and land some local property management and municipal jobs. We'll see. Kinda nervous, seems awfully official. haha

Spent today making some red pine into 5/4. Not a terrible effort.

DSC04084.JPG

DSC04085.JPG

DSC04086.JPG

That's kind of throwing out the baby with the bath water if all you need is an axle.

Almost Squish, it's got near 6,000 hrs on it and starting to show its age. Only an89 hp Perkins, but a chipping fool. My company is growing and we are doing a lot more bigger removals of un-burn-able wood in lg diameter. Paul's conehead is what I am after next, but a 254 Bandit will do until I get a bigger truck.

Back