How'd it go today?

Hope the new guy works out well, mine didn't last the first week unfortunately:rolleyes:
Got sticks left after today with the man down.

Jay, Awsome job on those!

First day using the new truck. No more chipping into a pickup. Wood sides will do for now. I can hold about 14 yards maybe a little more. Maybe paint the wood maybe stain it. Not sure image.jpg

Good looking setup, good luck with it. What kind of chipper is that?

Thanks guys. Cory it's a 12" morbark of some sort. 1985 never have been able to find a model number. Simple to work on however and I've done a lot of that! But she runs good. Sawman I had a box on my f250. Could hold 5 yards and used a load handler to crank it out. Image means a lot unfortunately. I would get concerning looks or comments about if I could really do the job. Of course when people saw the work that we do they would be fine. Gotta get some storage for this truck. There are 2 50gallon tanks on this thing and I'm thinking of loosing one and putting in saw bin. I also had thoughts on a tool box tail gate. Any thoughts?

This is the only pic I had of the old box. It's from before I painted it. It also has a angled pop up in the front to catch chips but you can't see it in this pic. Worked well for what it was image.jpg

Can you put a tool box on the chipper??

That's what we just did, 4' box for saws. Works good as I now have 2 chip trucks so less to swap from truck to truck.

So happy for you. Load handler worked for me to.
I had my chipper tongue extended and angle iron frame hold equip box with caster wheels so I can take the box off and work on the engine or take the wheel the whole thing into the yard.
My saws stay in the plastic cases so they can be thrown around and less worry of oil.

Now that I extended the chipper I do have more room for another tool box. Hell I could have one more on the tongue and one on each fender. Was thinking of attaching PVC pipe down the inside of chip box to hold poles

Finished job, got paid, now packing to head North for maybe 10 days to grind stumps.

See you all when I get back!

Thanks guys. Cory it's a 12" morbark of some sort. 1985 never have been able to find a model number. Simple to work on however and I've done a lot of that! But she runs good. Sawman I had a box on my f250. Could hold 5 yards and used a load handler to crank it out. Image means a lot unfortunately. I would get concerning looks or comments about if I could really do the job. Of course when people saw the work that we do they would be fine. Gotta get some storage for this truck. There are 2 50gallon tanks on this thing and I'm thinking of loosing one and putting in saw bin. I also had thoughts on a tool box tail gate. Any thoughts?
Good for u man your a hard working sob.hard to fine people like that
U earned that truck hope it works out for u :thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats Page you'll be loving the extra capacity. My votes green also.
Shuffled equipment second half of the day after estimates and services,knife changes and oil changes. Glad to be cooler here also get back to the sawmill build.

Back