How'd it go today?

I second what chipper and what job in the south of France are you generating that much chips. Cannt remember that many big trees there but it has been 35 years since I've been there.

Took the weekend off. Camping at a festival with my daughter. But I of course found myself up a tree within a few hours of being here. I'm gonna try real hard not to climb today.

Saved another small honey bee hive this morning, finding it quite a niche and fun!
e2yzemuz.jpg

u2ehagu9.jpg

Bees are pretty amazing. We have wild bees up here. They show up in the spring before the bee keepers even get the snow shoveled.

I would have thought that bees would not survive our winters, but we are lousy with giant hollow cottonwoods. I suppose they would make good nests.

Some of our wasps and hornets nest in the ground, maybe the bees do too, we can get frost to seven feet deep though.

Jim, they have bees on Greenland.
Compared to that, Montana is like Hawaii;)

Got chipper, mini, and pickup all back home yesterday. Now brake fluid is pouring from master cylinder in chip truck.:|:

Trimmed 2 Maples away from a house and chipped a pile of brush in the next yard over form a tree they had someone else take out.

did 3 out of 7 stumps on another job. 4 were hemmed in by concrete and couldn't get to them.

Depressing day.

Put a new optima bat. in the F450 and redo wiring, solder copper ends with new cables...starts right up....need to get a bat. hold down bracket, it was gone when I bought her

Got back to the woods where a rotten tree that was in the lay got knocked down as well and clobbered the vacation house next to the property. The owners were there for the three day weekend. My buddy had already said his apologies and initiated the repair process some days before when they came out to see. I offered up my regrets as well, the wife looked like she didn't want to hear it hear it again. :dontknow: It's strange to be working a location where you can look over and see structure damage that you created. Not a good feeling, and kind of makes me nervous.....

Shoot Bots I don't have a battery hold down in any of my trucks and I have never had an issue in years. Now I did loose a battery off of a stump grinder years ago but thats different

Ive heard that your ground cable has to be better than your + Anybody else hear this?? All my trucks have the same Baterries, the largest marine ones the local battery store has available. The Cummins spin and fire up instantly, the 7.3 is a crap shoot.

No, 7.3's as a rule don't eat batteries. Some did. Some were alternator eaters. One a year. But those were the exception, not the rule.

I ran dual yellow top optimas in my 7.3 with the gear reduced starter out of an 02. That bastard started when my fingers touched that key. You can believe that.

I will get three years out of a set in my 93 IDI turbo. When the glow plugs get bad the batteries get bad. It takes longer to start. Cold weather and diesel is hard of batteries. Does not matter what make. A whole slew of maintenance issues make a diesel hard to start, then hard on batteries.

Good looking install Scott.

Shoot Bots I don't have a battery hold down in any of my trucks and I have never had an issue in years. Now I did loose a battery off of a stump grinder years ago but thats different

Ive heard that your ground cable has to be better than your + Anybody else hear this?? All my trucks have the same Baterries, the largest marine ones the local battery store has available. The Cummins spin and fire up instantly, the 7.3 is a crap shoot.

Thanks PC....its a 460 V8 gasser in my F450 with single bat.

Back