How'd it go today?

I have quite a few good friends who are hard core white collar types, they make a lot of dough. I often think, when I'm busy beating my brains out at work, that if they were in my position, they would never work this hard, they are way too bright for that:lol:

It was that mate....especially higher up trying to guide the ends through the limbs below. In our favor, was that by the time I got all the deadwood out on the driveway side there was a clear route for the rigging line to go straight up, through a block and then also pretty direct to each limb that had to be rigged....so pretty much friction-free. So when stuff that did get snagged and hung up, the guys were able to were able to raise it free and then let it run down again. No wind either so we were able shout to each other and be heard clearly enough.

Ugh! Ugly job Reg, do you ever get any easy/home in time for Dangermouse days?

Depends what you call easy, Mick. If you're doing that type of work/trees every day you get conditioned for it, physically and mentally. If its only sporadic then it would be quite daunting I believe. Im usually finished between 4:30- 5:30....sometimes earlier, sometimes later. Overall I cant complain about my situation.

Katy on her first Mistletoe job.. Only a handsaw this time ;)
Set her up Ddrt with the HC system. Sent her into a little one and she got it done. She insisted on doing another. I warned her that it was a more technical climb. She at least cleaned it out at the lower limbs for me to get in easier ;)
I had shot in a line for SRT and she had Seth shoot her a line in a different spot for her liking.
Anyway.. New client is happy :)
Fodder...

Attachments

• DSCF0041.jpg
    DSCF0041.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0042.jpg
    DSCF0042.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF0044.jpg
    DSCF0044.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 67
Spent the morning tagging trees for orders, took my lunch break in my hammock then took a couple landscape designers out through the fields in my truck for a tour. Work life is pretty good these days. :) 20140910_142032.jpg

I like Paul's relaxation technique....

Me too!. I used to carry a pocket sized net hammock hunting with me to take a mid-day siesta and it was sure nice. Slept in some jungle hammocks a few times too, not the most comfy night's sleep but it kept the bugs off while I sweated. I may have to get one of those Paul.

Was a great week. Got to a 24 pine removal job yesterday morning and the property owner decided to remove 18 more. All about 75', mostly Norway spruce, and most needed to be stripped down. We got 31 done creating about 150 yards of chips and a decent load of logs. Will finish Monday and then the stump crew will be in for full cleanup and restoration. Having full bucket access is great but not near enough ground crew.

Been in a bulldozer most of the week setting the grade on a new section of road. Pretty busy otherwise. Treework is going well. I've got a meeting about a monster Norway this sunday. Looks like a full day of climbing if I can get the client to bite. Probably have to set up a vertical slide line as well, I'll post some pictures. Pruning job for tomorrow didn't come through, so I'm not doing a damn thing! Go ride the four-wheeler if it's sunny 8)

We get paid by the ton at one of the local mulch dealers. That was 150 in the last 2 days. Only about 60 more for the first three days this week. Had a bunch of trimming and a day long removal of a monster Cottenwood. When we get on a large clearing project we'll generate 200-300 yards a day. Gotta love that 21" chipper for that stuff.

Back