How'd it go today?

Stig I have heard that cycling doesn't help the joints too much as it isn't a weight bearing exercise ?? They say you need to do squats, lunges or step ups.
I do a shit load of lunges as part of my karate warm-ups. The idea with the mountain bike was to find something that doesn't put too much weight on the joints, since that'll only accelerate the arthritis. I think??

Mini took a crap today... not charging. of course its Friday and can't get it in 'til Mon but need it tomorrow. ah well, been a while since I lifted much wood...only took out 8 trees :|:. 3) 6-8" dbh, 3) 12-20" spruce, and 2) 2' dia Maples. Time to get chipper sharpened also. ha, and I thought I might make some money on this job...:lol:

On the bright side I pulled a lat muscle (never done that before) dragging brush.

Got home to find the stump teeth I ordered came (wrong size). Will send them back Monday in exchange for the correct ones. My fault :?

Did manage to get finished for the day before the rain hit though.

Supposed to play music at two parties this weekend and don't have time/$/energy to go...Pooh!

Stig I haven't had to deal with that yet but can say I was always impressed when I rode in Europe with all the 70 year old dudes that would show up for 60 mile club rides, something to be said for that.

Fiddler charge that battery and take a spare and a charger and you should be GTG, my stumper charging system has been down for years, I just have a deep cycle battery and charge it when I get home. Im so bad, I don't fix shit till it don't work.

I might see how far it gets me tomorrow..on the charger now. But I'll be running it in the woods w/out elec soon (for a couple months) so it goes to the shop Monday hopefully.

I'm lucky to remember to charge my comm helmets (oh yeah, that reminds me...) can't imagine how depressed I'd be if I forgot to charge the mini some night.;)

I bought my first big truck 2 days ago. 2001 isuzu ftr. 100,000 miles on it. Soon we'll fab up the chip box and paint it. It'll feel good to have a professional look to back up our skills. I'm getting real tired of chipping into pickups:)

Yah congrats on the new ride. Increased capacity for chips/debris is always a good thing.

Gotta head out for a quote shortly and then maintenance time. Yee-haw.

I spent the day reclaiming land that nature had stolen from me over the years.
Before fencing the land, I thought it would be a good idea to remove all the unwanted vegetation back to the old stone fence.
Now I just need to kill the wolf and eradicate the wild pigs and I'm good to go.:)

P1010678.JPG P1010682.JPG P1010679.JPG P1010683.JPG P1010689.JPG

Good looking steed. :thumbup:

Love reclaiming land Stig. Wish you could come out and play with me in these hills someday. I think you would enjoy it.
Old stone walls find an affectionate place in me heart as well. :)

Stigs land clearing inspired my horse pics as I assumed that's what he's clearing/fencing for. We've ridden a lot this year. We are finally in a position of having three rideable horses all the tack and truck and trailer to get out and about. Putting it all together and being able to independently go and ride as a family has been a real milestone for me.
image.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting Margot's horses up here, Justin.
Then going out together so I can show her the woods around here where I've worked the past 20 years.
Wish we had landscape like yours, though.
Those are some nice looking horses.

I was always impressed when I rode in Europe with all the 70 year old dudes that would show up for 60 mile club rides, something to be said for that.

That is awesome!

Im so bad, I don't fix shit till it don't work.

Thats because you know exactly how to fix everything so you aint scared by any of it, knowing you can fix it whenever you chose.:thumbup:

I'm looking forward to getting Margot's horses up here, Justin.
Then going out together so I can show her the woods around here where I've worked the past 20 years.
Wish we had landscape like yours, though.
Those are some nice looking horses.

Yah horseback is a real nice way to roam about. I imagine you'll have a blast wandering around your countryside.

Great pics, Squish, ha funny the scourge of the bush in the background

Visiting the family in Chicago. Lil D is meeting her extended family, and making a day friend with her cousin. She had a new favorite animal friend from grandma.
f8f4c75fe9f0922794373c18cb0523c0.jpg
looking at the "volcano mountains". Flight out of Seattle with sunny skies over mount Rainier, and the cascade volcanoes.

Back