How'd it go today?

Off to the biking thread with you Stig. My knees are still bugging me a bit since starting back riding a month ago. Slow and steady to start and stand up a lot.

It's always something little that throws my back out, nothing ever major. A lot of times it's just from sleeping wrong!

Put a groundy up a spar to tie off the rigging line today. He is real eager to learn but can't shut up long enough to take instruction. Been here 6 months and can't tie a running bowline. Put his spikes on the outside of his feet. I let it play out for a bit but finally told him to turn them around. He still managed to put them on wrong again. I explained how to start out, but it didn't take. He just hugged the tree and tried to take too big a step. At 5 feet he looked awful. Sweating bullets, he couldn't breath and was asking for water. He tried to make it the rest of the way but only got another 10 feet or so. Then awkwardly slid down the tree. Wouldn't have mattered if he made it to the top cause he can't tie the knot anyway. That's ok cause I didn't need a rope in the tree either. When he got the harness off he said he instantly felt better. Said harness was too tight. Think it was fear! Oh well. Guess he's back to dragging brush and....well...just dragging brush

Great story, Page...funny-funny. "At 5 feet he looked awful. Sweating bullets, he couldn't breath and was asking for water. " hahaha...I know that feeling.

My first time with spurs I wanted to impress the boss man. I put them on backwards, too...he looked at me, spit a wad of tobacco juice and asked, "What you gonna do, boy, climb the INSIDE of that tree?" Took me a minute to figure it out.:lol:

What a newb!!! Thank God I got past dragging brush all the time.

And "Wouldn't have mattered if he made it to the top cause he can't tie the knot anyway. That's ok cause I didn't need a rope in the tree either. "

You are merciless!

Caption:"I think I see a tree."

That is some seriously open land you've got Jim. I can imagine how the natives could see Buffalo coming and be prepared to kill.

Me 2... I'll tire it out and then it is something hella stupid that is the straw.
Rest up Steve.... I hope it sets in right

I have thrown my back out twice one was picking up a piece of paper and the other a glove. Not the tonnage of firewood I have moved but things that weigh less than a twig.

And "Wouldn't have mattered if he made it to the top cause he can't tie the knot anyway. That's ok cause I didn't need a rope in the tree either. "

You are merciless!
I gotta be with this guy. It's been six months. He's up for demotion next week. Yesterday my partner was taking down a big tulip poplar and zip lined his saw to me. This guy I'm talking about watched him zip 2 blocks to me, then as the saw is comming down he walks under the rope. We are screaming at him to get out of the way and the saw just barely missed him. I can't tell him enough to be always looking and listening. His time will come to an end soon

I gotta be with this guy. It's been six months. He's up for demotion next week. Yesterday my partner was taking down a big tulip poplar and zip lined his saw to me. This guy I'm talking about watched him zip 2 blocks to me, then as the saw is comming down he walks under the rope. We are screaming at him to get out of the way and the saw just barely missed him. I can't tell him enough to be always looking and listening. His time will come to an end soon

Dude sounds like a liability cut him loose.

Stig I have heard that cycling doesn't help the joints too much as it isn't a weight bearing exercise ?? They say you need to do squats, lunges or step ups.

Spent the last couple of days deadwooding and tip-reduction work on a bunch of firs around a property. Great weather and views from the tops. Turkey vultures floating past. A cool spot to work. Some photos of a leaner, so ascending out in the open on the underside. A shot of the second climber on his way up also; and the selfie is taken sat on the very top; and no I dont have a really long arm, I have one of those extensions screwed into the camera. DSC03988 - Copy.JPG DSC04008 - Copy.JPG DSC04010 - Copy.JPG DSC03997 - Copy.JPG DSC04004 - Copy.JPG

Back