How'd it go today?

They got one called a bald face hornet that is mean as a cat pissing razor blades.

FWIW, if I want to load my backhoe forwards I have to have some weight in the bucket, not much just some gravel or something. Otherwise it gets pretty light and squirrely and is much safer to load in reverse.

I got hit by a wasp on my thumb today. Now my hand and part of my arm look like one of those rubber gloves when you blow them up.
y2amutem.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest part of the day for us was taking the top 60ft off this lightening struck, termite infested, dead ivy covered fir. Im just about to rig the top in the picture.

Caused a stir with the local residents as it was an eagle perch. None of them cared that it was hanging over the owners house. CTV news turned up and started fussing about the whole thing. Had to rig every thing but the rounds....and it was awkward because the lower limbs at 60ft and below had to be retained....as the tree was on the edge of an embankment down to the ocean the owner was not allowed to remove it altogether. The thinking being the live roots will continue to help keep the embankment from subsiding. There was other stuff on the site to do also, such as the adjacent tree where the photo was shot. I spent 2 hours removing the dead ivy also, that went to about 70 ft. Full of raccoon shit. Nice views, but a day I dont mind forgetting.
photo (3) - Copy.JPG

Did you toss some shit down for inspection? See if the raccoons and eagles had been eating properly? Crazy. You look cool way the hell up there!

Adrian, did your airway feel tight afterwards? That is some pretty severe swelling. Hope you don't have a severe reaction later.

Reg....one heckuva picture with you in the top and the bay in the background. They don't get much better than that. Thanks for the share.

Great day so far. Hired into new band.

Heading out to jam with some friends from around the State here in a little bit;going to be a good one! Pretty elite bunch of players that don't get together very often and almost never as a whole group, this is going to be a blast!

Mick and Ed would be proud of me. Topped three cotton weeds today. They were in a riparian zone, otherwise I woulda topped them at about 3"s.

I have done a tree inventory for one of my communities. other day the Cornell Institute contacted me andasked if they could have my data, Should I just hand it over to him. My first instinct was to do this or should I ask for something , nothing has been offered. What would you do.
I am not in this for the $ so I have no prob. sending/sharing info. But the wife' shall I say no more.

Jamin, I think generous acts tend to come back around at some point. Since the work is already done I'd share it.

Back