How'd it go today?

Picked up my aluminum loading ramps from the freight company today, so I didn't have to be home all day. Should be getting a ramp hanger welded on my chip truck tomorrow, hopefully. Chipper, mini, chip truck, wraptor, winch, all in a one-driver rig, hopefully. Should all work out. Just keep going ol' gurl. Need to set up a network of dumpsites for chips now, so I can dump and load the mini back into the bed. Gonna get on CL pronto...well after I go pickup a loveseat at dark o'clock.

Had a good paid consult this morning, and gave an hourly price on hangers/ canopy clean in big firs (Wraptor time) and stump grinding. I'm going to have to try to figure out my pricing structure for the new gear. Custy has a home that was built into the smallest clearing for their house, and have been dealing with a laminated root rot infected patch of grid planted doug-fir over the years, getting more and more away from their houses. Orchard pruning consult.

Strange how I hardly lifted a finger, and got a check at the end. Been a long road to feeling I have enough practical knowledge about our area to confidently charge. Now just to sway people into a Paid consult as part of their longterm land use planning for their homes, be it 2 trees, two acres, or 20.

Sided up (butchered) an overgrown conifer hedge, all with the power pruner, feet never left the ground.
Chipped back under the hedge. Finished at 11.30. Got a days money, Home, tea, snooze on sofa now.
Tree works is great!

I'm just fixing to get at it. I'm suffering a bit. I've got three months until my carpal tunnel surgery and am I glad I booked it. My hands are the worst they've ever been.

Ya I know everyone loves a whiner. Lol.

My dad has had both arms done for carpel tunnel at the wrist. He did not let hem heal long enough post op though & they are starting to act up again 10 years on.

I'm sat here winging too :lol: as I have not worked for 3 1/2 weeks now with my back. Maybe we need a winge & moan thread ;)

Damn Pete. I hope you are getting better? Back pain sucks, my hands hurt but it's more a frustration of them not functioning properly that aggravates me.

I'll file that bit of info about the recovery. I'm still kinda freaked about the surgery.

It's the sort of job where physical pain through injury or usage is an occupational hazard.
Remember that when you get quizzed about why you're so expensive by a client.

Quick recovery to both of you, don't watch to much Jeremy Kyle.

Sean. What did you do for the height of your chip truck to get the mini in there? How long and where did you buy ramps?

I will let you know when it fits. after getting the rail mounted for the hook end of the ramps. I'll load it front end first, as I should be able to get it to tip down onto the bed from the ramps while the operator's handles are are still outside the box. I should have an inch or two to spare/

Discountramps.com

Sean, I've been nervous for you. So today I tried loading front first. Scary as hell, but looks like you should be gtg. The first pic shows when it's going to tip. Be careful!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 61
I figure that, at turtle throttle, at the tip point I can step down and/ or extend the boom. I loaded it on the trailer this way and saw I had clearance for the handles, as they were behind the rear of the trailer. Not as steep as the chip body/ ramps will be. An adventure.

Crane in the woods today. Always interesting to squeeze all the pieces out through other trees. I got lit up by hornets today while notching a tree. Had already got the top out and removed the nest but they were all over the place. I just had to grin and bare it, make the notch quick but good, (very little landing zone) and then get the hell outta there. I got hit about 10 times. Good day

I'm kinda used to it now. I've been stung so much. Not that it doesn't hurt but the pain only lasts for a minute. Hornets are the worst though

Hornets around here are nasty compared to yellow jackets or wasps. I cringe even typing it but I haven't been stung in awhile now.

At least you don't have those giant wasp things that Jay has in Japan that rip your arm off and fly around chewing on it like someone with a turkey leg at the state fair.:lol:

Back