How'd it go today?

Agreed, the few pics I've caught of it have been impressive to say the least. Well done Mick.

I worked on beat up and broken equipment most of the day. I need a day off!

Sunday, got to work at two, accomplished something working until 6. Stopped in at my truck mechanic's shop on the way home, he closes his shutter but his entrance is usually open at that hour. He lives with his mom and dinner is always waiting. Declined a beer but had some laughs, then went home.

Mick that's a really nice looking garden. You've leaked the odd shot out here and there. Very impressive. Looks like a real labor of love.

Oh go on then! Since you twist my arm, here's a few more. We had a professional photographer up as they're going to do a feature on us in a real estate magazine. You know the sort of thing "living the dream" and all that.
As "luck" would have it my wife's brother owns the real estate company that produces the magazine.
The magazine comes out in December, there will be an online version, I'll put up a link.
Should be a laugh, my wife has to do a recipe and I'll be in there spreading my wisdom!
Kim & Kanye eat your heart out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 67
Simply gorgeous Mick.

Went camping for a couple days, as the crop was a tad too wet to cut. Daughter starts kindergarten on Wednesday so I figured we would go to the lake. Rained Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Kinda got tired of everyone after being locked in a big aluminum box for three days. Got on the lake today and got the wife on her ski and the kids on the tube.

Got home to FOUR (4)!!!!!!!!!!! feet of water in the basement. Apparently we had eight inches of rain while we were gone. Shallow well pump is shot, boiler is swamped and hot water heater is off until we get the water out. So no shower after camping all weekend.

Sucks now that the crop we had to swath because it got too weedy to straight cut is probably going to sprout before we can get it picked up, no market value in that. Could bale it for the cows I guess. All of the spring wheat will be of poor quality now that it has been rained on for so long.

All of my wheat goes to Japan. Sorry Jay for the quality issues!:(

1/4" is bad...4" is awful...4 FEET is madness. Hate to hear that...sorry about your wheat, too. I am sitting here eating cream of wheat with an egg sandwich now...love that wheat.

Damn man..... Sorry you are going through all that. :(
I hope you get things fixed ok. Shame about the crop. Our alfalfa is up around 24 bale. Maybe cow feed could be a good thing.. :dontknow:

Tropical tree work is done for another year, arrived back in Tasmania today to a lovely clear cool sunny day. Trees are still bare, I see fruit tree pruning and elm leaf beetle injections on the horizon.
I always enjoy going back to Bermuda, but once the serious heat kicks in its time to come back to the cool.

Sorry to read of your bad luck Jim.

Went to get license for dog today. 25 mile drive...cloudy/no sun, warm, left AC on and got out of truck...get yelled at by lady with her phone out..."don't leave that dog in there in this weather, I work for the Sheriff dept and will call them right now!" (they are next building over)...I try to explain that the dog is fine for 10 minutes...she is uncompromising...I didn't feel up to a confromtation and drove back home.:X

Guess I'll mail in for the license. Wanted to tell the bich to kiss my....just not in me today I guess. :|:

hard to fence individual logs around here. We'll see, they usually end up as firewood. . . this place is ravenous for firewood. Some rock solid maple for sure.

Thanks sawman, mid 80's AM General with the Cummins. Went through arsenal overhaul after the first Gulf War, not sure after that, but we've had it for a few years now.

Back