How'd it go today?

Nice!

I gotta be honest, I never though of throwing tops like that out of a bucket until Brian and Harlan introduced it this year. The problem with doing that when I used to run the Tuepen was that it would not move fast enough out of the way, if god forbid the stem wobble went nuts. It would easily tip or brake that lift in no time.

I was actually planning on making some 3/4" spliced slings tomorrow. I owe a couple of them to people and need some for myself for that same thing. This week was a wash so mine as well sit on the porch doing some splicing.

If you read this Cory, maybe I can meet you tomorrow for that paper, as I have to meet my customer on Burr St. anyways.

Cool pics!

Too big of a top.

I agree in terms of conventional rigging, but if you take half the tree so the top hits the ground and absorbs the impact there is very little shock loading on the rigging. It looks to me like that top is just slung there rather than being lowered, and will be cut up where it hangs from the bucket. Useful technique if the bucket wont reach the top of the tree but you dont have room to flop the top.

Nailed three nice big spruce for around here today. About 30"dbh and easily pushing 120'. Had my unc out on the job today too. Was a great day for a friday.

I'm still hanging in there busier than hell. Heading off to physio for my shoulder in a couple of minutes. Still healing slowly.

Nice porch Joel!!

Good to hear you are still busy Squish.

Kicked some more butt on the mile long driveway. Took 40 man hours up one side of the square area we are working to clear and chip and 50 foot deep swath. Now we are ready to hit the third side we are working starting next month. 2 sides done thus far.

It just needs a live tree growing up through the roof, so some poor treeguy will have to take it down in itty bitty pieces when it gets too big.

It just needs a live tree growing up through the roof, so some poor treeguy will have to take it down in itty bitty pieces when it gets too big.

Funny you say that wife actualy wanted just that! I said no as once it got big I may be to old to do the work.
A porch swing will make its way some time.

Good day today. Bought my really good friend/girl friend her first car today. She choose a really nice 2011 Hyundai Sonata. Super nice car, as good as a Camry and low mileage. She's really happy about it, but it hasn't really fully sunk in yet that it's hers I don't think. I'll get some pics tomorrow, it was dark by the time we finished shopping and signing the papers.

Hyundai has grown really big here.
How much was a car like that, Adrian.

I think now is the time to shock ya'll with carprices in Denmark.

This week my wife's old Toyota Corolla finally succumbed to rust, the big destroyer of vehicles here.
The garage where she has been having it repaired has recently been sold and she didn't really like the new owner, so we decided to switch to a VW, so she could use the Vw/Seat/Porsche garage/dealer where I get my syncro fixed, since I've been super happy with them.
So I called the owner to ask which model I should get, since I don't know much about small VW models.
Turned out he had just taken a 2002 Polo in trade for a new Up.
He had originally sold the car and done all maintenance on it. He said the owners were totally anal, washed and vacuumed the car every sunday, and it was in very fine shape.
We went and looked at it, it had only 30000 miles on it and really didn't look like it had ever been driven, so we happily bought it.

Here comes the shocker: price: $11000 which was quite reasonable for here.

You bought her a car? Or you helped her get all set up to buy it?

One deserves kudos and one deserves me roflmao.

Back