How'd it go today?

Cut one very dead pine this morning after a long night with no power. We had a heckuva wind storm yesterday evening. No damage here, just lost power for 14 hours. I gots to get me a generator....

Did some silly trim jobs today that actually made a decent day when all was said and done. Tomorrow is a huge white pine, over a house, rotted at the base. My uncle is coming to kick that one for me. He and I have been itching to do a job together for awhile and so this will he it. Crane company backed out on me. They don't want to lift picks over the powerlines out to the road, which I understand.

Had a large limb above a road to do today. It had fallen off a substantial canyon live oak and was right in the fire break clearing. Once all the brush was off, the thing looked too tippy and easy to roll off the hill in a good rain, so we yarded it off with the Ford and butt hitched to a porty to lower it over the bank. Road crew was impressed and happy to see it go, I was happy to see them as well. They were removing all the asphalt grindings they had staged on our property from the road work and were using them to do some work on the road I was working over. I got asked, "are you sure that Ford will yard that out of there?". I replied, "yup" and got some grins when it was all said and done. The two sections of limb never even encroached the area the grader was working, just smoothly slid down the embankment ;)
I talked the HO out of a few feet of the log for Stehansen to play with if he wants. :)
Hate my family being away. Missing the heck out of Kat and the kids.

Got the 262xp up to snuff, the one I purchased at the auction here, that was missing the cylinder gasket. :? Runs great, but the excellent condition bar and sprocket, and half used chain that came on it, are .325. I think that 62 cc saw should be running standard 3/8" for best results, but I could be wrong.

Got the 262xp up to snuff, the one I purchased at the auction here, that was missing the cylinder gasket. :? Runs great, but the excellent condition bar and sprocket, and half used chain that came on it, are .325. I think that 62 cc saw should be running standard 3/8" for best results, but I could be wrong.
It will handle 3/8 no problem Jay, does your bar have a replaceable tip if it does just switch over to a 3/8 tip when you use up your chain, don't forget the rim sprocket.

.325 on a 62 cc saw is ok too, smooth, less kickback energy ,fast cutting, but downfall is less filing life and stretching issues.

I have four tall dead oaks to flop and clean up. I ran the esti for $800 with no clean up and some hack went and put $400 on it, man did that piss me off so FU dude I am doing it anyway for the low bid. The up side is I have sold the wood to a buddy for firewood for an additional $1200 so, I win, just have to haul it five miles maybe tree loads in the dump trailer.

We just got the power back on .They had to drop the primary to get a big ash down then reattatch it .Asplundh did the work .

I just about split a gut laughing when the feller dropped his saw and ran like he'd seen a ghost .It was a giant wolf spider about as big as a baseball .Evidently the damned thing was under the bark and he riled it up and right up the bar of that Dolmar it came .

Ha!

I've TD'd a lotta trees close to lines, never had them actually drop them. They'd either boot them or kill them altogether.

The power company decided it would in their best interest to drop the lines .What it actually is is a short section coming off the main line to supply both my neighbor and myself .Eventually that big dead one and several smallers could have pulled down the whole 600 feet of primary ,poles and all .

We walked from todays white pine. Crane company wouldn't put an offroad crane on the uneven slope. Doing this tree manually carried an indescribable amount of liabilty. I called off the job.

Bummer man.

Slow day today, ground two stumps from trees we took down yesterday. Had to go borrow a friends 1500 to get the stumper to them and got stuck (wet grass, only 2 wheel drive) so had to wait around for a bit for Dad to pull us out. Pretty much called it a day after that, around 12, since it was just me and bro today. Spent the last few hours getting some things worked out, and more work in the basement. Final ceiling coat goes on later today, and we're picking up the wall colors today as well.

Cut one very dead pine this morning after a long night with no power. We had a heckuva wind storm yesterday evening. No damage here, just lost power for 14 hours. I gots to get me a generator....

LOL yeah i thought the same thing after the first time my power went out. now i got a 3 of them generators. 1 that i use and 2 for back up in case that one goes kaput on me.

It was plenty alive Butch. The bottom was like a shotgun shell. My uncle and I agreed to pull the plug. 30 years climbing and he flat out said he wouldn't touch it without a crane. He said 20 years ago it wouldn't have phased him. At his age and experience, he said he has nothing left to prove and it wasn't worth the hell that could unfold. I trusted his judgement and called it off. Me, I would have done it. But I'm young and wild still. I decided in my mind to trust his experience and be done at that.

Another day here. Td'd a dead cherry, then onto a nice big fir, chip and leave wood, then three more fir at a third site. Run O' the mill.

On monday I did a big azz Maple for around these parts about 36" dbh. I salvaged about four logs and a couple interesting character pieces out of it. That sucker is gonna mill up into some coin.

As for anyone involved in the horse banter a few days ago. No need to worry about any offense taken or any of that. I enjoy taking a razz almost as much as giving one.

Back