How'd it go today?

Tired of sittin around with a buggered up foot... BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!

I need to do some saw work... so I guess I should get my butt out to the truck and take my tools from it so I can tomorrow instead of being so dang restless.

That would be foot and mouth disease eh? :lol:

Feel like Achilles, stuck a gaff in my heel instead when I gaffed out on that walnut I did recent...
Seemed like it was healing fine (been almost 10 days) but woke up with it infected and had to go to the clinic to get a antibiotic RX. Dr. said stay off my feet, elevate, and keep it out of shoes for a couple days. SO seeing the damn thing hurts and is too swollen to get a shoe on it comfortable anyway... I am taking a few days off waiting for the meds to kick in and the swelling to subside.
Just a day in the life ...... there are worse things that can happen... but I don't like idle too long and the kids are not letting me stay off it much...

I'm sorry, that had slipped my mind. Now I remember you mentioning it last week. Man, that really sucks. I stuck myself once in the thigh but it didn't get infected on me. Still took a couple weeks to heal up and quit throbbing though. Hope you get feeling better soon.

easy day today. looked at those fir trees in niscene marks (see work pics thread), then did fruit trees and errands. yesterday i made a mistake that could have been really bad. we were pruning a fair sized liquidambar, my ground guy was clearing brush off a shed roof under the tree. i was in a different quadrant than he was and i had a limb to throw into the hole. i yelled headache and dropped it, it hit a limb about twelve feet off the ground and ricocheted sideways into his shoulder. he wasn't hurt, but i felt really bad. he heard me yell and knew it was coming down but it bounced so fast there was nothing either of us could do. slow down, take it easy and be safe. jaime

Don't fret about Stephen; he's got a SYT to massage it and bring him beverages. He's good. :D

Thanks B... it's really more of an inconvenience than anything...
I kept working with it, but I have been doing a lot of removals of late. Dang strap on the gaffs rubs me right on that spot:|:

But get it taken care of so I don't end up like before and be out for 2 weeks with a suspected bone infection. THAT SUCKED!

You've gotta let a spur puncture bleed a lot, to get the crap out. An antibiotic shot doesn't hurt, either. Puncture wounds are tricky; if they heal wrong you can get infected easily.

Those are words to the wise MB... I irritated the heck out of it and was draining it regular... and then out of convenience, I let it go for a couple days due to kids activities I needed to handle... DOH!

You are correct, Butch. I had a gaff bite once; it sucked with a half-life. :roll:

Sorry to hear, Stephen; give Kat a hug for me. :)

LILLY! PUT THAT DOWN! LEVI...STOP RUNNING WITH THAT! YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT!...

LILLY! PUT THAT DOWN! LEVI...STOP RUNNING WITH THAT! YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT!...

Pretty much sums up the last two days... :lol:

Made some good dinners the last couple though :)

Better than rushing through the door and slamming something together for hungry insistent chitlins that think you are starving them to death. :lol:

Bought this chipper today. The 8" morbark wasn't having it and we got some bigger removals coming up. 2004 bandit 1590 for 21k only 200 hours on the machine.

jp:D

Attachments

• 9161806.jpg
    9161806.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 10
Back