How'd it go today?

I like it, I currently have my bars bored through a cedar log at my barn at my parents. You have to take the scabbards off though, it's annoying. I like stigs hangers, although I don't like dripping bar oil on the saw below. Maybe a small shelf above the bottom row to catch the crap. And I'd have to re tighten those loose scabbards.

I'm starting to ponder how to setup my garage at my house.

I slept like a baby last night, didn't want to wake up this morning.

Headed to my parents cousin's house. We wrecked a big oak, and two medium maples. Great day, sun shining, a bit cold, light breeze. Ahhhhh

I flew a bucket for five hours. It always feels good getting outta the restaurant and back in a tree.

Oh yes! :)

I keep selling nice little jobs to fill in the slack time. My landscapers and tree services are all very slow right now but yesterday I sold a nice 1 day job to a guy who owns and/or controls approximately 75 residential and commercial properties. Today I sold a medium size removal and some trimming at a transmission shop about 3 blocks from my house. I just keep cranking right along while most of the guys I know are sitting idle.

Thats sweet Brian. I've been busting ass to get my jobs done before people run out of money due to xmas. I've had to postpone a few unfortunately, but what are ya gonna do. Working a lot more than the last 4 years, thats for sure.

Did some fir destroying today. Two taller ones let me wreck out a shitpile of little ones. Firewood stays. Almost my favorite, cept we have to clean the brush up at a later date.

Weather was much like Connecticut's I guess, nice shiny day with no wind!

you guys remember the vid i put up a while back of wrecking the 200' fir in niscene marks state park? well, i guess last week one of the other firs next to it up rooted and fell on the house! cut it in half and the poor lady had to crawl out the window:\:. im going over there to look at five other firs within reach of the other house, all on state property. crazy. ill be taking lots of pictures, you betcha.

Good day got a ton of the ground work caught up after the chipper crapping out but I still need the ground to freeze.

i think it came down in the storm we had, lots of crazy wind. not to mention the fact that a few good sized oaks fell last winter in the same area, opening the bigger trees to more exposure. im really curious to see which tree it was that fell.

It rained all day here so it was a great time to get caught up on all the errands and misc. crap i had to do. Talking rain again tomorrow, and thats fine as work is really slow anyway.

In case you aren't already bored to tears, here's a pic of my firewood hauler on it's first mission. It's 4'x4' inside the slab rack, and 12' long. I figure it'll haul a cord of logs.

Running gear: free
Slab rack: free
Owning a welder and a torch: Priceless!

2011-12-20_15-42-01_321.jpg

Good day here, had to get up around 4:30 in the morning to take Grandma to the airport in Cincy. She's going to Seattle to see some relatives for the holidays. Dad and little bro rode up too. After we dropped her off, we grabbed a good breakfast, and checked out a small arb/landscape shop we go to sometimes, then one of the malls up there, than headed home.

Busy day short handed....I like it that way. Ten Pines around a vacation home. Tying off and cutting at the base rapid fire like, one other guy in the street doing the limbing, bucking, and clearance with the mini. i think the crane operator is getting a tad sadistic, it's like looking down at a bunch of Christmas trees. :\:

Finished up a small job in a mobile home park today. About a dozen small sib. elms and med Doug-firs were conquered. Then we cleaned the hangars and cleared services on two larger firs.

Now I need to scrounge for some work for the holidays...yuck!

Gerry, That "Hey" at the end is awful close to the "A" from north of the border. Are you taking up a second language??

I would welcome a book like that. I have promised some of my work buddies to one day take them to see the big trees in California. I wouldn't be sure where to go to get the most out of their trip. Can you hurry up writing that, Jerry?

Back