How'd it go today?

Nice play on words, there:)

My Stihl dealer had a visit about 2 years ago. Since he is the second biggest selling dealer ( over the last 20 years he has slowly taken over customers from all the other dealers on the island, simply by being a guy you can trust) from the head of the Stihl corporation ( which is still family owned, like Wesco).
He was naturally very prioud of that and about a week before, he asked me if there was anything I wanted him to pass on.

So I told him, to tell ( I can't remember what the guys name was, I want to say Andreas, for historical reasons) that we were looking forward to seeing a replacement for the 260, which had been on the market for 20+ years.

Today I would have told him to bring mr. Stihl to my place. That would have put a smile on his face:)

I'm in a bit of a situation with the general contractor about collecting from that Pine TD earlier this week. It seems he informed the client that he accepts VISA, which he is not set up to do, the client wants to pay with VISA to defer payment and collect the Aeroplan points and the general wants me to do the collecting, because he doesn't have a clue as to how to proceed. What a fucktard! Now I have to get set up as a vendor...in addition to all the other hoops that a guy has to jump through in order to start a biz....I now have to do more work in order to collect the bill from that job.

All because the general contractor is a clueless POS. He says, 'Well I didn't realize that this would be such a problem.' Wow...I don't think I'll be conducting too much more business with him in the future.

Hey, I eat meat and my shop is clean more than half the time...a Big Mac just a couple days ago. Sale now, practically giving them away. I tried to follow MB's tip and asked for the quarter lb. patty to be installed instead. They looked at me like I was crazy. Silly foreigners :roll:

Interesting last couple of days. Been busy since the rain let up Tuesday. Finished up a 7 day project on this horse farm, limbing up pin oaks and some other misc stuff they had us do. Embarrassed myself on the last day, I had our ground guy who we're training to climb finishing up one of the last trees. I was doing ground work, tried to move our chip truck up a slight hill, got nowhere lol. That's my biggest thing so far with a standard trans, getting uphill from a dead stop. Had to wait for our guy to come down to move it up.

Today we reduced an Ironwood and a Bradford Pear. Great job, when Dad bid it and gave the guy a price, the guy payed him more than what he bid. Good guy, very happy with the work we did, we'll be back come spring when it all leafs out to do some final touches.

Nice break from climbing today but it does involve up and down and crossing slopes in a gully. Thinning live oaks and cleaning up storm throws for a shaded fuel break. Gently lean one tree into the next (if not removing other) and there is not room in the canopy to just throw them. Then walk em down gentle so as not to break trees you are trying to save. Burn it all. I'll do some climbing for hangers tomorrow in the trees we keep in the grove. Levi came along and had some fun. A lot of dead and down fuel so we have to be pretty careful with the burning. Good to have water on site as it has been pretty dry the last couple weeks.
I lined up a quick gig with a new customer before I go back over there tomorrow taking down 3 poplars. HO clean up. Should be in a and out in an hour with paper work and a check :D
Should be a fun day.

Having kids changes that... Like tonight I had soccer awards to take the boys to. Came home... shower, run back out.
I have to stay flexible with my schedule. Some things change my days off... Soccer season I have to keep week ends off. Ski Season... Sundays and Mondays. Then during the spring and summer... it is just go go go. Katy's work has kept the weekends harder to work as there are baby sitter and day care issues.... Always sumptin.

A couple of guys called "Some Assembly Required" are in my backyard putting together the outdoor playset for the grandkids. 12' tall, 12' wide, 21' long with a wood roof over the elevated center section.

I know, I should have put it together myself, but just didn't feel like it. With trying to get the Bronco put back together and working on the soon to be rent house, there just isn't enough time to do it all.

Additional fee. They have been putting things together for about 8-years. Outdoor stuff and indoor furniture. Anything that people either don't know how to, aren't able to, or are just too lazy to put together.

$250.00 for the installation and trash haul-off. They have been at it for 2 1/2 hours now. Probably have at least 2 more hours to go.

I could have done it, but probably would have been a 2-day job for me.

Finely have something to post in this thread. :D

Flopped a dozen hardwoods today for a land owner. Most had to be pulled, but the land owner has a JCB 214 backhoe, so that went well.
Then helped him buck firewood out of one of the larger ash trees. It was about 36" across on the stump, he didn't think his little homeowner husky was up to it.

Now there are two more that will need to be roped down that he wants me to do. But I haven't decided if my back is up to it. May chase down another climber I know and see what he is up to.

Been working 6 days a week for the 2 months. Home a little early today!
Checked in on the Buzz.
There is a whole thread about bring back MB.

Knocked out a small job this morning. Super nice people, made for a nice day. After that met Ashly to see how her painting the living room was going. Looking great, couches come Thursday so almost there!

Went and knocked out a climbing job, 6 trees, three hours, finished before my minimum charge. Nice! Time to go to a family party with pizza.

Good day here had two pines to do and get to the site to find one had been struck by lightning. Three loads of chips and wouldn't ya know a guy says on my last load you can dump them next door:banghead: Another happy client and two more jobs on the same street climb and bomb. Amazed that it hasn't slowed down yet. 6 days a week climbing a break is in order soon so I hope.

Back