How'd it go today?

No laughing here. On Saturday, Lauri hit a deer doing 70 on the highway. She is fine, walked away with no injuries. She will be getting a new car.

Jeff taught her not to swerve, just brake and hit it. photo (2).JPG

Gigi, you might want to look at the new Ford F150/Expedition with the Ecoboost engine. They are getting excellent reviews and up to 30mpg.

My son was watching a video on youtube re: the ecoboost engine and it was showing how tough the tests were on it. I'm driving my 1995 3500 flatbed back and forth to work now and I think the mpg is less than 10.

I had two cancellations, one re-schedule, and an esti to remove a five year old dead cottonwood with no bucket access in the hood with no place to lay it down, good times.

Felled, limbed and bucked 30 medium to large ash trees today.
I was totally wiped out when we quit.
Yet foolish enough to head for the Dojo to do 1½ hours of karate.

Now I'm off to bed, to try and recuperate for tomorrow.

Old man, today!
Or so it feels.
Still, I killed as many trees by myself as both the youngsters managed together.
So there is hope, still:)

It was one of those days, when the trees just did everything I asked them to.
That is why I got carried away and overdid it.

Another vote for the F150 w/ Ecoboost. I have three friends with them, and they're all LOVING 'em.

Easy day today.

Watched the hot shot I work for PT shock load a 30 ton crane over and over as he was too lazy? to climb out of the bucket and set the chokers higher. Had me cringing from the ground, but he knows everything. He doesn't know where to cut in relationship to the shackle on vertical picks but he'll yell down from 70' and tell ya what to do on the ground. :what: Can you tell I'm over it? :lol:

After work I bid a job for a nice couple. Got a call for a cat rescue who claims no one will do it and he's on page 45 of google looking for someone. Cry cry. Not driving over an hour to rescue a cat, sorry. I'm on a roll today.

Put coat #4 of paint on my 1916 bathtub. It's looking good!

started on a huge rats nest of a cypress today. three climbers working on it a solid five hours and we are maybe a third of the way done. four back yards and not a square meter of dirt between them. all decks, patios, fences, sheds, and lots of sliding glass doors. oh yeah, and copper gutters. ill have to get some pictures tomorrow. fun times.

Pruned a Modesto Ash, Fraxinus velutina(?) today. Same account we took that nasty cypress down at. See if I can get some pics to reassure my ID of the dang thing. It had been topped a while back and really needed some attention. I had two sequoia to lift as well and some shrub pruning over at his restaurant, but I got hit with the hook of the pole saw as it fell out of the tree so I just finished the ash. Hurt like hell. At least I had the scabbard on it. But that damn hook gave me a Charlie horse I won't soon forget. No drop zone for the brush on three of the leaders. Had to pitch it all out from over the roof :P
Came home to my carpenter working on the pump house and another delivery :D
Katy is going to play hooky tonight so this could be a nice evening :)

Have Kat rub the charlie horse, Stephen...at least for a start :D.

And give the fine young lady my best regards...she has my true respect, as always.

Will do my friend. :) That respect is mutual BTW :) I am truly a lucky man as most seem to be here in the TH :)

I'll see if I can talk her into a shoulder rub, but she is currently cleaning the oven. I don't think it wise to add to her work load at present ;)
:D

Brendon, you need to powdercoat the tub. All you need is a really big oven. :/:

Haha! I was going to have my bro spray it with automotive paints. Since it's cast the outside it rough, so the finish never would of looked good enough to make it worth spending all that money. I'm rolling the paint on with a fine roller, it evens out nicely.

Back