How'd it go today?

NOT GOOD - CAR - SHE BROKE

good reason to have a cell phone - and blanket in the car AND that petzel head lamp

Just sat out the rain today.. Sorry to hear that hmm. Hate car issues..
So worked on taxes for a while and ran some errands.. Spent some time with the kids.. :D All together not a bad day off unplanned.

I watched a single drop of sweat roll off my eye lash and onto my camera's screen.

The little drop rolled down with the angle until it disappeared into the caverns of my digital camera.

Suddenly no more screen on my camera, there's just like a grey horizontal fog.

I called 36 tree companies today in Gainesville looking for a job, all of them said that they were slow and barely keeping the doors open....most said to call back in a couple weeks. Looks like I might be delivering pizzas:cry:

The entire state is slow, we have no industry and the majority of our jobs are in the service sector. This is exactly why I was so incredulous at that dude from Cali who thought he could start up a Florida branch office for his tree service, buy a truck, hire two guys and they would make him emough money to buy a retirement home. :roll: The only thing missing is customers with money to hire us.

I called 36 tree companies today in Gainesville looking for a job, all of them said that they were slow and barely keeping the doors open....most said to call back in a couple weeks. Looks like I might be delivering pizzas:cry:

I would never call like that. My style is to show up 6:30 at the shop with my gear, ready to go. I guarantee you that if you did that you wouldn't make it to the 36th w/o getting hired.

I had an easy day slaying this lightening struck pine. I only had to rope three limbs and plenty of room to toss the top. 90 minutes, 200 bucks. I can dig it.

Attachments

• les paul black 015 (Large).jpg
    les paul black 015 (Large).jpg
    128 KB · Views: 12
  • les paul black 020 (Large).jpg
    les paul black 020 (Large).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 14
Crows and a redtail

Crows get a big charge out of harrassing a great horned owl in a tree in broad day light .

Brer owl is the rapter of the night .Crows cannot fly at night ,brer owl snatchs a few and dines on them ,thus the harrassement in day time .

Yesterday while outside I heard an awfull racket .Crows came flying out of a woods going full tilt and flying zig zag patterns .What's up with this thought I when I saw it .:?

Evidently those were some really dumb crows because they were fooling with a big redtail hawk . Old hawk was gaining on them fast as well as going up at a 45 degrees angle for altitude .

Very few birds on the face of the earth can out fly a redtail and almost nothing but them can dive and strike at nearly 200 miles per hour . I'm sure the black feathers flew .Old crow done screwed with the wrong bird .:|:

That's a pretty nice size pine there MB, and it looks like you pulled a good 12-14 ft chunk out too. Those are fun. ...sometimes...

Are they going to mill those?

I guess i'm one of the least popular people on the south side of town this evening.
I got called out to a suspect tree. A 60ftishSilver birch, split with a couple of serious decay pockets. A quick call to the the police and a complete road closure on the main road twixt Huddersfied and Holmfirth later I got to dump it across the road (after a little climbing) at rush hour. Managed to clear the road in 25mins but those in the 2 mile tailbacks either side seemed less than impressed with my efforts, like I give a damn :lol:

Nice money too:D

finished yesterdays White Oak TD...linked another small job. Done by 2:308)and the temps hit 64.......awesome

Big pine, Butch. Nice work as always.
Pete, sounds like fun. I'm always up for a road closure.
John, make sure some of that great weather is scheduled for next month for the get together. :thumbup:

I worked all day today for my house mover guy. I cleaned up about a dozen big oaks at the lot where the house is going. The lot is about 200' wide and 575' deep, I just started at the front and worked my way back. He's got some nice trees there.

He also asked me if I was interest in doing a big job with him in April. He's got a huge generator that he's moving from Houston to Montana. I think he said it was 15' tall, 14' wide and 350K lbs. He wants me and my truck in the convoy for lifting wires, cutting tree limbs, whatever. Most of the time will be windshield time at 15-20 mph. He expects the move to take about 20 days.

He offered me $350 per day plus meals and motels, I pay my own fuel. It's not great money but it's 20 days straight of easy work. I told him I'd be happy to do it. Gonna need a laptop though, can't go 3 weeks without internet. 8)

Big pine, Butch. Nice work as always.
Pete, sounds like fun. I'm always up for a road closure.
John, make sure some of that great weather is scheduled for next month for the get together. :thumbup:

I worked all day today for my house mover guy. I cleaned up about a dozen big oaks at the lot where the house is going. The lot is about 200' wide and 575' deep, I just started at the front and worked my way back. He's got some nice trees there.

He also asked me if I was interest in doing a big job with him in April. He's got a huge generator that he's moving from Houston to Montana. I think he said it was 15' tall, 14' wide and 350K lbs. He wants me and my truck in the convoy for lifting wires, cutting tree limbs, whatever. Most of the time will be windshield time at 15-20 mph. He expects the move to take about 20 days.

He offered me $350 per day plus meals and motels, I pay my own fuel. It's not great money but it's 20 days straight of easy work. I told him I'd be happy to do it. Gonna need a laptop though, can't go 3 weeks without internet. 8)

sounds fun

Just got back from Vermont today about 3. Went yesterday, road sleds around this morning, then headed back. Came home washed 2 trucks, a wonderful high 30 today, felt great.

Back