How'd it go today?

I have sold 2 stumpgrinders (thanks to the northeast ice storm) and the tree spade this month within about the middle of my selling range.

I am buying heavy right now, lots of equipment for the taking. Some people are way over their heads.

I see things getting better for the most part. But I am crossing my fingers and hoping too.

I wouldn't wait till spring, there are alot of deals out there now.

I guess it's time for my date with the treadmill. At least I've got "You Don't Mess With The Zohan!" to help get it over with!

You're an inspiration, Butch! :D I think I'll do a few miles myself. :|: Be back later. :/:

Since my buddy Larry died a few months ago, I haven't missed one day yet. I can choose to be an old climber, or a fat climber. I cannot be an old, fat climber, though.

I'm all spring steel and sex appeal.
dancin.gif

Didn't do much today.

I washed my mountain bike so I can put it on my trainer and be fit like Butch. I also recontacted a few friends I haven't heard from in a while.

I worked on a puzzle and then took the kid sledding. She got taken out by an older girl on an inner tube and then later by a sledder, although I was able to lift her up by her jacket the second time and keep her from hitting the deck. All in all it was great fun.

I changed the oil in my pickup this morning and washed it. My parents were over on Christmas day and my Mom took the turkey carcass home and made soup out of it and called me to come get some. I spent the rest of the day there reminiscing about farming stuff with my Dad.

Did some brushing today and a seriously hazardous branch ( about 1/3 of a decent size whit oak) that was broken by the snow. Had to really careful with it as it was mostly tripod in the air and no place to cut with out being under part of it... Spooky... Smooth as silk though ;)
Also the home owner is having me back Monday for mistel toe removal :)
Gotta love this guy :D
He pays extra when we brush and weed eat to miss the mossy rocks and certain species of grasses. Not to mention certain plants in the wild to keep diversity. :D
Going to send the boys down the hill to brush while the homeowner spots me with the lazer... Has some view pruning to do also ;) Cha Ching ! Did I mention I cant drop any branches on top of seedlings of the wild variety... Get to lower it all.. LOL In the middle of his "woods" back yard... Love this guy :D

Bunch of removals and some storm pruning to an apple this morning. Of course, it poured like crazy until we were done.

Oh well, I made money at least.

we took our boy along with 4 other friends and their kids and went up in the woods sledding also, it was great fun

woke up early, both me and momma have nasty colds. spent the day at home mostly, she took Bub with her to do her coaching thing for a few hours. We just finished watching 88 minutes. not bad but I expected better from Mr Pacino.

Tomorrow we will be watching Blood Diamonds, or Amistad. depending on which one I burn to disc, I downloaded them both today. for $0 ;)

Went to work at 6pm saturday evening. Got home at noon today, sunday. Yeah we had a little wind yesterday and last night.

I did sit and watch a cedar tree burn up waiting for the lineman to get there and kill the juice. Eventually burnt thru a 6" diameter section, knocking 10 feet out of the top.

The end on the ground would give us a nice light show every few minutes too! Now that I got my belly full my eyelids are burning.

I've gotten "honey do'ed" for the next week. Mama is on vacation, we have an eye apointment tomorow, and I am thinking I will be VERY busy the rest of the week:lol:
"We" built new shelves for the utility room. It's a 6' span and they had used 1/2" MDF, you couldn't put much of anything on it.
I put in 2x8's, you can put about anything on them now:lol:
AND I "inherited" a 1.75l of Crown, maybe things are looking up:D

preparing for an EPIC in the am................5 miles of downhill......on a longboard. WTF am I doing!!!oh well...hopefully fun:D

Indeed a great day .Had a nice dinner at my sons home .My daughter was present ,great time .

Ya know ,funny thing about it was the anguish I went through by the parent alienation syndrome of the ex is a moot point at this time of life .It's like it never existed .All good thing comes to those with patience .;)

I did learn something from my daughter who is the head poopah of environmental impact studies for the state of Ohio PUCO .Ohio is going to be spending billions on "wind farms " for generation of electrical power in the next few years .In addition like amounts in the gasification of coal to liquid fuel .Maybe in time we can tell those ragheads to shove that crude oil up where the sun don't shine .;) Then ,by golly we shall see where the bear shit in the buckwheat .

It was a good day here as well. I did two consults today and got some more work .. I am still playing catch up from being sick, snowed in and the baby's birth. SO a few more calls to make and we should be scheduled out through most of January. Still want these holidays over with for now and they will be by Wednesday for me. Last family gig. More trees work on Monday and I almost back to 75 percent health wise.
Got to spend a good day with my girls :) and my boys :)
Helped Rob do some fencing.
Now just dinner and family time... life is good :D

Back