How'd it go today?

The toothache saga continues. Anyone have any home remedies? I think I'm going to end up at the ER to try and get some relief, if tonight is anything like last night. OTC pain meds don't do anything, which is not new to me. Still waiting on insurance status before I can even think about making an appointment to actually fix the problem. It's been sort of a perfect storm of events making this really annoying. Going from employed to self-employed, trying to get insurance, and then having a pretty serious medical issue. I often wonder how cavemen dealt with toothaches. Probably were dead before it became an issue. :|:
There's a flower or herb called toothache for toothaches. I've read that clove oil can kill teeth or cause some serious harm if not diluted enough. Not sure if it is true.

Well into day two of doing nothing. I did attend class this morning but just to observe. Alternating between frozen peas and corn. No pain. Just annoying discomfort. Elective surgery. Snip snip
Since I physically can’t do much I might as well work on my brain. Going to finish reading the Wim Hoff book this weekend. At least I hope I can focus long enough.

Going to finish reading the Wim Hoff book this weekend. At least I hope I can focus long enough.
Good luck...I had a hard time getting completely through that book. I found myself just wanting him to get to the punchline and consolidate things. I wasn't really into his life story for some reason.

The best book I've read re Wim is "What Doesn't Kill Us," fun read.

Did something akin to an interview at the local home depot yesterday. Mostly i filled shit out for the background check, and was herded through along with several other head of cattle, vying for our turn for corporate slaughter.

Today I went to a "job fair" at a local large country club. I've done greenskeeping before, and serviced turf equipment. Guy seemed positive, and my ever-working ears caught four quick interviews with folk with no previous or relevant experience. He then chatted with me for nearly half an hour, whilst I kept "Trying not to monopolize his time", which he seemed to have a lot of for me. Not exactly sure how that interview went, to be fair, it's been a looooong time since I've played this game.

There's at least one more golf course local that's hiring, I heard it on the radio while I was driving home. There's a few more as well that may be worth applying at. That said, if I have to go back to getting up at 0300, and working seven days a week till November, then all I plan on doing is running equipment, actually physically doing something will cost extra lolz. I wouldn't have time or energy for anything much

Oh yeah, we have winter here, so come November, I'd be up a creek with the golf courses closing for the year. Hence the aim for a hardware store, which would be year round, and maybe even some inside stuff lol.

Blah blah blah, I just wanna do chainsaw stuff! Somehow it's just not "work" the same way. I just ain't getting any calls. Need a little job to come in, bless me with some seed money, then maybe I could try to get an early firewood season rolling. According to the maths, 150 cord would just edge out my wife's yearly income. Yeah, it's kind of a long shot, but it can be done. Going through the notebooks, Sarah and I turned away nearly 200 cords worth of orders, because I couldn't get out to the woods to fill them.
The spiteful part of me would love to see the business take off like a bottle-rocket without her. The realist in me knows all too well, the struggle that the Arizona firewood game really is. Still, it's how I've wintered over more times than I can count, so I may as well get a jump on it. Just need that seed money, Gertrude eats many dinosaurs, whether we're hauling wood or not.

We'll see how things go, wish me luck.

Tomorrow, I plan to hide from the wind and watch old Westerns with the kiddos.
Today KV popped off with "I wanna marry John Wayne!"

I'm too short for this shit!

Hauled some spruce logs to the backyard in the jetsled. They've been in the driveway since I brought them back from the dead spruce job Mike and I worked on. I'd have used the wheelbarrow, but that would've cut deep grooves in the squishy ground.

I built Spot's sunview/wind shelter. It's too late for this year, but I'll put it on the hill next cool weather season...

IMG_20240303_144006544.jpg

It was literally the least I could do :^D It doesn't look like much, but it'll fulfill the necessary task, and it was made using 100% recovered/reclaimed materials. The wood is willow from the farm, and I picked the screws up on jobsites. Really, the driver's recycled too. I found that in the road last year :^D

John seeing that picture just reminded me that I have to order that belt clip piece for my Dewalt impact driver. I should have two or three laying around since several of my tools should have came with them but they have eluded me.

John seeing that picture just reminded me that I have to order that belt clip piece for my Dewalt impact driver. I should have two or three laying around since several of my tools should have came with them but they have eluded me.
I can send you that one if you like. I don't need it. I'd have to inspect it to be sure it's good enough, but it's yours if you want it.

Already ordered the clip. A 10 pack for $11. I also remember why I don’t have any. I broke them and never replaced. Now I’ll have spares. Thanks for the offer though.
@stikine thank you for the well wishes on getting through that book. I read a chapter and then have to set it down because of the “just get on with it” mindset it puts me into. I’m going to finish it just out of stubbornness now.

It’s been a long weekend. I feel well enough that I want to do stuff but know I shouldn’t. Really frustrating when I’m used to being active. I did my cold plunge this morning and took the dogs for a walk so I guess I accomplished something. Oh well back to enlightening my brain

The toothache saga continues. Anyone have any home remedies? I think I'm going to end up at the ER to try and get some relief, if tonight is anything like last night. OTC pain meds don't do anything, which is not new to me. Still waiting on insurance status before I can even think about making an appointment to actually fix the problem. It's been sort of a perfect storm of events making this really annoying. Going from employed to self-employed, trying to get insurance, and then having a pretty serious medical issue. I often wonder how cavemen dealt with toothaches. Probably were dead before it became an issue. :|:
I bought some cheap stuff at the local drug store called 'Oral Pain' by Red Cross. A bottle of liquid, a small box of application pads and a tiny pair of tweezers all in a bubble pack hanging on a display hook. It doesn't last very long but it will numb the crap out of whatever you put it on.

I bought some cheap stuff at the local drug store called 'Oral Pain' by Red Cross. A bottle of liquid, a small box of application pads and a tiny pair of tweezers all in a bubble pack hanging on a display hook. It doesn't last very long but it will numb the crap out of whatever you put it on.
I have lived on that stuff more than in care to relate. A toothpick can also make a great applicator for it, especially if you can't stand to put the goo soaked wad in a hole, where it will swell and physically push on the exposed nerve...

There's only half a dozen teeth left in my head that ain't broken to some degree, many are now broken off at the gum line. Thanks genetics!

Dentists are expensive, insulting assholes, and i hate paying folk like that.

Sold about 4 doz eggs this morning.
Made a pot of chili after church.
Cleaned up more eggs for custys or breakkie. Close to 60 in the fridge now, again.
Never rained much and snowed very little.
Got some paper work done. Got my ballot ready to drop off. Found some flooring cheap for our house. Pick that up tomorrow.
Nice day.
20240303_195255.jpg 20240303_195306.jpg

Nice day today after lots of rain yesterday. Took the kiddos out for a hike. Climbed some horizontal trees. Knocked down some standing rotten trees (I can’t help myself).

John, is the first picture of a surveyor monument?

Attachments

• IMG_8856.jpeg
    IMG_8856.jpeg
    8.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8861.jpeg
    IMG_8861.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8857.jpeg
    IMG_8857.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8858.jpeg
    IMG_8858.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8859.jpeg
    IMG_8859.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8863.jpeg
    IMG_8863.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8855.jpeg
    IMG_8855.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 8
New igniter's installed, and it's a whole new chipper. W00t!

Now that I have a hotrod chipper with my hotrod sparkplugs, I'm thinking some flame graphics for the hood, a pair of Cragar SS, an 8ball throttle lever, and a raccoon tail on the chute.

Question... Do you think the raccoon tail's too much?

Back