How'd it go today?

What does the doctor say is wrong with your thyroid? Are you having any symptoms?
No symptoms that I know of. When I first went to my primary doc a year or year and a half ago (first time in 25ish years) I told her I felt fatigued. Did blood work and ended up with a vitamin D supplement. No big deal. I started taking it and I felt a little better. Changed some diet habits and felt a little bit more better. In April of last year they had me do an ultrasound on my thyroid and it showed a nodule. I was told no worries, follow up in a year. They also set up a meeting with the endocrinologist. Well that is what finally happened yesterday. I figured they must not be to worried since it took ten months to see them. Then they hit me with that. She’s telling me it’s hashimoto’s and that’s why I’m questioning the diagnosis. Everything I looked up prior dictated that requires a biopsy to diagnose properly. Also when I questioned treatment all I was told was a pill a day. Didn’t tell me if it was a hormone supplement (natural or synthetic) or a vitamin/ mineral. I was just irritated with the whole thing. I didn’t even find the interior design of the office to be soothing. It showed on my vitals. My blood pressure was up and my heart rate was elevated. I was uncomfortable to say the least.
@Ryan. A pill isn’t really a big deal. I just want to know what it is and side effects. Also want to know for sure what the problem is and how to fix it.

Before I forget again, and back to the chain of events. Since I added the cold plunge and exercise routine I’m feeling much better. I won’t say I feel like I’m 20 but I definitely have much more energy than I did in the past five or so years.

Last edited:
Broke a 300lb rope from Home Cheapo, went back and got the 600lb rope and it still broke. Imagine that…

I used to work at Home Depot and used to actively dissuade people in the construction, arborist, or any heavy duty field from buying our ropes.

Home Depot never cared that I did this. I had one of my managers overhear my comments about their shitty ropes and got commended for my good customer service.

Why? Because our ropes are mass manufactured for at-home applications. They aren't tested for such mission critical applications as you sought to use them.

The polypro filled with fluff? I hate those lines. Unfit for almost any purpose.
Polypropylene is for nautical, rappelling into water features, or caving purposes (because it's light and floats). Should never be used for load or fall protection as part of the core (cover is okay) unless you're alpine climbing (again, because it's light), and need to scale an 8,000 meter peak. Any mountain outside of the ranges near Tibet and China and Nepal and India can work just fine with polyester in small diameter.

Last edited:
I had heard dodge was the odd man out. Oh well, it just saved me from coughing up a few hundred bucks I didn't have anyway.
Close to a grand. Tires have really shot up. Wear out the used ones before that Arizona sun ruins them. I just bought two 235 55 18 middle end (Walmart Goodyears) tires for a Trailblazer. $300. They go up fast on bigger sizes.

I realize my disability is probably played out at this point, but not having a great day.

Got awoken at 3am with violent nausea and had to shove two different medications down my throat after puking for five minutes straight and put two more medications under my tongue and then laid down in my tub for about an hour with the hot water showering down onto my mid-section.

The hot water helps me keep from puking up the medication, which, depending upon which one we're talking about, takes 60-90 minutes to reach high enough plasma levels to start alleviating the nausea.

I then passed out for two hours in my bed, because one of the medications is so sedating, and now I'm basically a zombie. Tried to film a Short for my YouTube channel, but simply couldn't pull it off.

Unable to eat, despite my stomach telling me it's starving, and have to live off of sips of water every so often to fill my stomach with something.

The last time I was hospitalized, about six weeks ago, it was because the boilers weren't working at my apartment and I couldn't get hot water to lay in the shower, so I couldn't keep the medications down. Really sucks to be dependent upon working water to stay out of the hospital.

Tragically, I'm used to this shit. This is just how my life operates now that my CVS (Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome) is back after three years of remission. I collect SSDI, and have since I have been 18, and I had planned on dropping it because it only allows me to work part time and I need more money. But now I'm not sure if I'll be able to show up at work some days if I'm going to keep waking up violently nauseated. Really depressing stuff.

I really wish I had a normal life. I try to list everything I'm grateful for every two weeks to remind myself that it could be worse. Because it could be worse. Grateful that I'm not living in a hut in a third world country, sleeping on a straw mat on a clay floor, and working like a slave in some kind of plantation. It could always be worse. People with my condition in third world countries basically just die.

Last edited:
Shitty ground. But looks like we got a couple mill logs for the custy.
He needed some trailer decking and some project wood and just happened to have a dead tree down in one corner of the property. About 38 dbh or so.
Levi and I. No clean up. He has a dozer to drag it out with. Rob will slide in with the Lucas Mill after they get it on flat ground.
I believe he needs 20 foot plank for the trailer.
20240224_123641.jpg 20240224_123650.jpg 20240224_130431.jpg
20240224_130458.jpg

Well, it's 7pm here, and I managed to make it through the day so far without breaking down in tears. Came close a few times, but I kept my shit together.

Went to town to run errands, KV asked to take the long way home, so we did. I swung by the country store, where I did break down and buy a couple beers with my limited funds, and some ice cream for my little princesses. Came home and filled the jack so I can swap tires around tomorrow, then filled out some more online applications.

Drank my pair of tall boys and watched old train documentaries and the new videos from The Fat Electrician and Ward Carroll with the girls. Kathryn and I were quite excited that the B1 made number 6 of the most beautiful combat jets. Esme was excited that we were excited.

Now I've got a batch of crispy breaded GMO tenders in the oven, a fresh bottle of BBQ sauce, and a pair of happy girls. It's been a good day, comparatively speaking, when I look at it objectively, regardless how I felt about it.

And so, in a fit of clanking jerks, my world moves on...

I realize my disability is probably played out at this point, but not having a great day.

Got awoken at 3am with violent nausea and had to shove two different medications down my throat after puking for five minutes straight and put two more medications under my tongue and then laid down in my tub for about an hour with the hot water showering down onto my mid-section.

The hot water helps me keep from puking up the medication, which, depending upon which one we're talking about, takes 60-90 minutes to reach high enough plasma levels to start alleviating the nausea.

I then passed out for two hours in my bed, because one of the medications is so sedating, and now I'm basically a zombie. Tried to film a Short for my YouTube channel, but simply couldn't pull it off.

Unable to eat, despite my stomach telling me it's starving, and have to live off of sips of water every so often to fill my stomach with something.

The last time I was hospitalized, about six weeks ago, it was because the boilers weren't working at my apartment and I couldn't get hot water to lay in the shower, so I couldn't keep the medications down. Really sucks to be dependent upon working water to stay out of the hospital.

Tragically, I'm used to this shit. This is just how my life operates now that my CVS (Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome) is back after three years of remission. I collect SSDI, and have since I have been 18, and I had planned on dropping it because it only allows me to work part time and I need more money. But now I'm not sure if I'll be able to show up at work some days if I'm going to keep waking up violently nauseated. Really depressing stuff.

I really wish I had a normal life. I try to list everything I'm grateful for every two weeks to remind myself that it could be worse. Because it could be worse. Grateful that I'm not living in a hut in a third world country, sleeping on a straw mat on a clay floor, and working like a slave in some kind of plantation. It could always be worse. People with my condition in third world countries basically just die.
I find cold keeps me from puking. It's strange that you find the opposite works for you.

I find cold keeps me from puking. It's strange that you find the opposite works for you.
Well, when I'm just laying in my bed and nauseous, I have my fan blowing on me and the A/C on if possible. But when acutely nauseous, the only thing that works immediately are hot showers, and I often require taking many of them throughout a day in order to keep myself from puking up medication and from suffering needlessly.

Here's a quick article about CVS and Cannabinoid Hyperemesis (interestingly, I have both conditions) which describes this unique hot water phenomenon...

"Hot-water bathing activities are reported by most cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) patients. Although considered a supportive factor for CHS diagnosis, these behaviors are also reported by many cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS) patients thus reflecting nonspecificity for CHS. Excessive hot bathing provides relief of nausea and vomiting in these conditions, but can cause cutaneous thermal injury. Nausea is associated with reduced core temperatures, an effect attenuated by antiemetic therapy. The endocannabinoid system participates in thermoregulation; in animals, low doses of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol raise body temperature while higher doses cause decreases. Proposed mechanisms for benefits of hot-water exposure in CHS and CVS include activation of temperature-sensitive neurons in the skin and gut, diversion of blood flow from splanchnic viscera to the skin, and direct hypothalamic warming. Capsaicin decreases CHS attack intensity possibly by action on transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 1 pathways, which also are activated by heat exposure."

SOURCE: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B9780128215975000010#:~:text=Hot-water bathing is a,1], [2].

That to some extent, also explains your fixation on jalapeño poppers.

Eat more hot sauce Knoto, apparently that helps.

You gotta find you a Mexican girly friend.
Capsaicin is supposed to be introduced through the transdermal ROA (route of administration) versus orally for nausea patients. So consuming hot sauce would probably be less than ideal., at least for me.

Mexican girls are sexy as hell. I have no objections to a Mexican girlfriend haha

We hired a team from the mainland to help plant trees.
They lasted 2 days, decided it was too hard and slunk off home............................................. :O !
My gal celebrated by putting 1000 Doug fir in the ground in 6 hours.
Guess we grow them tougher here on the island.

Yesterday I washed my motorcycle and rode it down to the mechanic, about an hour away for service and 2 new tires.
Sunny day and 40 degrees Fahrenheit, it was great to blow the cobwebs out of the BMW.

Had a modest sized fly perform a home invasion through my apartment door and then it started flying around my room like it owned the place, continuously trying to land on me and feed off of my life force.

I spent roughly 30 minutes chasing it around this morning, but it was faster than me with its 3,000-6,000 tiny eyes on high alert. I ended up giving up and laying down to take a quick nap...and that's when disaster struck.

This fly clearly wanted payback and commenced a suicide attack by landing inside my left nostril while I was drifting to sleep. I was in the midst of breathing in and, as I felt its hairy legs tickle my septum, I reacted by breathing in even harder.

Long story short, that creepy lil' bastard got lodged deep inside of my nose and, because my nose is so dry, when I tried to blow it out, there was nothing to expel it with. It's still up there, behind the cartilage at the bridge of my nose, violently assaulting me with its petite leglets and hungry proboscis. It's getting its payback and my repeated efforts to dispel it are fruitless. I tried dispatching it by smashing my left nostril down, just to make the tickling stop, but the cartilage makes this impossible.

Might have to pull out my tweezers. This stupid fly sucks so hard. It invaded my peaceful abode. It was surely out for vengeance from the start. But the jokes on him. My nose is now his tomb and I will have the final laugh.

Last edited:
Git yourself an electric fly swatter. Harbor Freight. $5. Make sure it is the D cell model. You can trap them against a window and avoid splattering fly guts everywhere, and catch them in mid air. If you leave it charged on a flat surface they will sometimes land on it. I have 2 and love them. Good for mosquitos, moths, hornets, whatever flies.

I got it out with tweezers. Sort of excoriated my nasal cavity in the process, but I pulled that stupid little asshole out, legs kicking. I then proceeded to mock it for it's failed kamikaze attack and foreshadowed a much more painful demise than drowning in my mucus.

I put it in a Kleenax and poured Zippo fluid on it and then said, "your days are numbered, fly! Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!" I then ignited the Kleenax with my propane torch and grinned widely as the fly reduced into embers.

I looked down at my accomplishment and uttered one final phrase at the fly, whose energy has now been resitrubuted throughout the universe...

"Want some aloe for that burn?...B*tch."

Sunny day and 40 degrees Fahrenheit, it was great to blow the cobwebs out of the BMW.
A bit chilly for a bike ride. BTW, thank you for the Americanized temperature scale so I didn't have to do the math, even though I did the math anyway to see what that is in Celsius. Funny, I know intuitively what 40 F feels like but have no clue what 4.44 C is.

A bit chilly for a bike ride. BTW, thank you for the Americanized temperature scale so I didn't have to do the math, even though I did the math anyway to see what that is in Celsius. Funny, I know intuitively what 40 F feels like but have no clue what 4.44 C is.
I thought the same thing about Stig converting for us! :) So courteous !

Worked with Mike on a silver maple prune. Mike climbed. Everything went really well, but the chipper's running like shit. I swear I lost another cylinder there for awhile. Shut it off, start it again, and it's just loping along at ~900rpm at full throttle, and won't take off. Shut it down for a few minutes, tried again, and it did better, but is still nowhere near right. I'm running rpms that threaten to clog the chute. I'm /just/ out of that range, but it's on the edge, and of course nothing clears as well as it should. I need to get the sparkers going, then see what else is wrong.

PITA. That's what happens when you buy at auction. That's where everybody dumps their shit that wouldn't sell off a lot. I'm giving half serious thought to just buying a new motor. ~$7k, but it'll fix every motor issue at once, and no rebuilds for a good long time.

Back