How'd it go today?

My wife takes a multivitamin every morning...she uses a little 7 compartment pill case to keep her on schedule. Might be worth trying one of those, Brian.

...she uses a little 7 compartment pill case to keep her on schedule.
more power to her and her health and her process but those pill holders scream The Elderly, lol. I had to use one with afib meds. Don't get old.

Brian, I was going to suggest the 7 day pill box too but yeah, I wish it was Friday every week along about Tuesday or Wednesday lol

I accidentally took two days of medicine this morning. Took my daily pills and then an hour later I forgot and took another daily dose, thinking today was Friday. Then later on the job I was getting light headed and dizzy. I made it through ok but I really hate getting old and dependent on daily pills to keep me functioning correctly.
I kept thinking Thursday was Friday as well. All darn day!! Same with coworkers!

Starting to think there’s some conspiracy as well as mind wiping taking place.

just got a call from "private number", of course its Abhishek from india posing as "davit winter"

him "i am calling on behalf of prize delivery company"

me "so the way this is gonna go is you will never call me ba-"

"click, Abhishek has ended the call"

so my normal thing is "you will never call me back, or I will have my lawyer send a cease and desist order" which typically ends up with a "you have got to be kidding me" reply
im on the no call list for telemarketers, but I suppose someone doing some illegal scam stuff wouldnt follow the rules eh?

Frustrated trying to impress the importance of maintenance upon my friend who provides me with half my work and parks his equipment at my house. He bought my F350 from me to use as a chip truck and can't be bothered with emptying it at the end of the day, never mind any maintenance items. I got his chipper into production 6 months ago. He bought it at auction 3 years ago but never used it because he didn't have a chip truck. But he only bought a grease gun (still in the package) this week after I hounded him about it. His chipper is throwing big chunks and stringy chips but the blade adjustment is as tight as it can go. I'm afraid the bearings have too much slop. He has absolutely no concept of regular maintenance and it drives me crazy.

Helped Mike on a locust removal and heavy prune today. Fun job. Mike did an impressive job climbing. It was windy as shit. and those locust whips were all over the place. He didn't treat it as a problem. Everything came down nice, even with a barn a few feet away. Good day :^)

. It was windy as shit.
I ran up in the bucket truck yesterday to take a look at the mountains across town because the sun was perfect and I already had the truck set up (cleaning the boom)

I wasnt full stick more than a minute before a gust of wind blew my agpro hat off my head, 10-15mph gusts on the ground and like 40 up top once I cleared the trees, its insane how windy it gets above 40 feet

Yup, John and I had some fun. Still feels like I’m swaying, hours later. I had to leave stubs for hand and foot anchors as the top of the tree was only 6” and leaning a little. Every time the winds picked up (more often than not) I had to brace myself as well as fight the fear. The locust I was in was over 60’ and the stump cut was about 12” dia. It was a long bean pole and tons of movement.

We tried a new rigging technique and we were successful. Not perfect, but successful. Tip tie and butt tie. Climber controls the butt and groundie runs the tip. It was a large limb over the slate roof barn on a 35* angle. Incrementally lowered it and sliced off sections on the way down. Twas John’s plan. We’ll use the technique on a more complicated and much larger scenario in the next couple months. Good to prove it out.

I got a picture of John chunkin.

Attachments

• IMG_7164.jpeg
    IMG_7164.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7163.jpeg
    IMG_7163.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7162.jpeg
    IMG_7162.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7161.jpeg
    IMG_7161.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7160.jpeg
    IMG_7160.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
I ran up in the bucket truck yesterday to take a look at the mountains across town because the sun was perfect and I already had the truck set up (cleaning the boom)

I wasnt full stick more than a minute before a gust of wind blew my agpro hat off my head, 10-15mph gusts on the ground and like 40 up top once I cleared the trees, its insane how windy it gets above 40 feet
Several years ago when I first moved to my current house, I set up my bucket truck on July 4 and went up full stretch to watch the fireworks from just over a mile away. At that moment I thought I was one of the most privileged people on earth!

Anyone ever have wear issues or problems w Teufelburgers TreeMotion?
this new round of anonizodation sucks…. Shit wears out quick.
Not yet. It was quite a few years old when Jonny sold it to me and I’ve used it part time for about 2 years. Everything is still good.

The locust I was in was over 60’ and the stump cut was about 12” dia.
I wish the last bean pole I climbed was only 60ft, and locust
made for a fun story but man it took all the guts I had to finish that tree

90ft dead chesnut in a deck and I made the stump cut with my 194t, thing couldnt stand up vertical with my weight, ended up wrecking a fence with the top so I could cut from half way up and have an acceptable angle with my climb line in another tree, atleast if the wood I was on broke I wouldnt drop 40+ft before taking a 50ft swing

Several years ago when I first moved to my current house, I set up my bucket truck on July 4 and went up full stretch to watch the fireworks from just over a mile away. At that moment I thought I was one of the most privileged people on earth!
ive watched the sunset, fireworks, and the blue angels from my front yard in my bucket!

ive got some wicked awesome sunset pictures, I will post them next time I come across them, one of them the sun is a glowing red orb

edit: found them
1697931702298.png 1697931720054.png 1697931748840.png 1697931728282.png

Last edited:
Back