How'd it go today?

Nice drawing Sean. Pictures sure are worth a 1000 words. Picked this gem up in one of those roadside, Tiny Free Libraries while out walking with the grandson in Pasadena.
image.jpg

Stig,
Is your Schweiz-Bride named Anne?
I was looking at my Denmark cake-baker friend’s posts and saw this wedding cake she had made… A9938843-F7E8-4182-BBAB-2848C2AC5D96.png

Today, February 23, is a public holiday. The holiday is called,,Defender of the Fatherland Day,, It is a holiday for everyone who served in the Armed Forces and all men in general. Men's Day!) Once upon a time, in the last century, when I was young, tall and handsome,) I also served in the Army. 2E8A438D-9872-4F11-869A-0E91E887C35B.jpeg BDFE61D4-6692-46C4-A38B-AE05E10E6CE4.jpeg By the way, another test for mindfulness). Where am I in the bottom group photo?) A4FF124D-196E-4B9C-BC88-A5E45394D418.jpeg Today, on the occasion of the holiday in St. Petersburg (and other cities of Russia) in the evening there was a salute!

Last edited:
I was a miserable SOB today. My back's being a dick, and everybody wanted everything. I'd start a task, and more would pile on before I finished the first thing. Got the essentials done, but I didn't get to everything. On top of it all, it was 5° past hot(75°) where I was working. Bullshit weather for February.

The one time I bought a roll of Stihl square ground chain, I also found it quite slow off the roll. I tried square filing but it was still slow. I round filed the square ground chain and it worked great. I guess I just don't have the knack for square ground chain.

Just to be sure of the terminology, when you say "square ground full skip". you mean chain that's filed with a weird file, right? Some people call regular full chisel chain "square ground", and it confuses things.

What makes the firewood chain aggressive?

The one time I bought a roll of Stihl square ground chain, I also found it quite slow off the roll. I tried square filing but it was still slow. I round filed the square ground chain and it worked great. I guess I just don't have the knack for square ground chain.
Apparently Stihl doesn't either. I have experienced this before with that chain. I thought my stock 395xp was crazy powerful, but now I know it is the chain.

Just to be sure of the terminology, when you say "square ground full skip". you mean chain that's filed with a weird file, right? Some people call regular full chisel chain "square ground", and it confuses things.

What makes the firewood chain aggressive?
Filed with a weird angled file. The other chain has low depth gauges, and a sharp top plate angle which is made by keeping the file low.

After finishing the plumbing work, a customer let me climb their London plane to 15’ to remove a hanger. Got home and started deadwooding and cleaning up neighbors spruce. James (our oldest at 9) took the debris to the woods. He made a good groundie! He then wanted to climb so we went about 30’ up a poplar together. I need to get him some type of climbing helmet. His bicycle helmet is large and hits his ropes and he can’t stand it. Can be a little OCD about certain stuff.

Attachments

• 2D8E290A-5CC5-4531-82C7-1255F1164B85.jpeg
    2D8E290A-5CC5-4531-82C7-1255F1164B85.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
The Petzl Boreo is billed as a helmet sized well for small heads and kids. Not an endorsement, but worth looking into maybe.

Temps dropped today. Not terribly cold but damp. Removed an oak tree that broke off at about 6 feet up and dropped into the ground and hung into a hickory. Had a stupid rental lift that was having some sensor issues. Got the job done but it was frustrating. Back to the ROW tomorrow.

Long day just kept getting longer. Little spindly Growth from after fire and rocks just fugging up chains. Felling dead crispy nasty trees. Then run about to get more supplies and fix issues for tomorrow. Then head off to class for my CPR and First Aid recert. That went till 9:30. Came home to a battle between the little women in my life.
Such a nice homecoming. Damn near midnight and I am still covered in poison oak. Arrrrrrrrg!

Back