How'd it go today?

75 with a head gasket replacement... only took me 4 hours last time on my 72. Get on it mang!... LOL Good on ya though on the old school ;)
That was both BTW with mani too ;)
But I have better weather :D

No Cv... The diesel blew the head gasket. I was just saying
I used to have the older truck.

Jonny glad to hear your little girl is coming home.:)

I stopped to try it out, I don't like the Ramrod controls, or the exposed fan, but seems like a nice machine.

Brendon how are the controls different? And fwiw my 950 doesn't have a exposed fan, totally protected and lucky thing too or I'd have toasted it.:D

Sure does.... especially in light of my Dakota getting totaled 3 weeks ago.

Brendon how are the controls different? And fwiw my 950 doesn't have a exposed fan, totally protected and lucky thing too or I'd have toasted it.:D

The controls for the boom are 2 separate sticks, as opposed to Thomas' single joystick. The position of the Thomas' joystick makes it so your hands don't dance around. One palm is on the forward reverse controls, the other palm is on the joystick, while you just reach over with your pointer and thumb to open/close the grapple.

It's not a horrible thing, I just prefer the Thomas' setup.

I like the new boxer setup myself. Four controls all together. Center two sticks drive tracks. leftside works up and down boom. Rightside works bucket roll and dump.

Then you have a lever to the right that works the hydraulics.

dingo rocks. 1 control for the tracks, 1 for the boom and one for attachments

great to hear your girls doing better jonny

pulled off the epic crane removal.......then it started raining, yee haw.:D Two trees, both dead. Farthest was 70' from crane turntable. A tight set up for truck and chipper beside house, crane on the road.

two road closure permits, three meetings with crane guys, locate for underground utilities, dig out outrigger spots, remove upper third of tree over road, prune trees for crane access,schedule knuckleboom, schedule cable drop 2 weeks in advance, pray for sunny weather......

crane day......misting rain, cable dudes are 1hr late:X, set up, cover skylight with mats, shit my pants, Git-R-Done...knuckleboom shows up, move logs, pack up crane, fill in holes for outriggers, call cable guys for reconnect(no show again:what:), rake up in the rain, head to the house............

only one more TD to finish there........heres some pics
http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/No_Bivy/?albumview=slideshow

My job went from good money, to OK money, to "hey it December and we're working, isn't that great?!" My number two climber did his first medium big silver maple today and took up residence there. I thought he was going to have to send out change of address forms. Oh well, he gained new appreciation for what I do. That's something isn't it? I do so want to employ someone who is a better and faster climber than me. Jim could be that guy with a few years under his belt but he will be leaving in spring to go on mission and then I will be looking for a new number two.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmJKY59NX8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nmJKY59NX8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back