How'd it go today?

I never knew freakouts and hissy fits were indicators of autism. What I thought was poor behaviour is actually a medical condition?
For me, my outward expressions don't actually constitute "freak outs" nor "hissy fits," but for many people - especially fully blown autistic individuals - it most certainly does. If you met me, unless you really got to know me or unless I told you outright, you would think I'm just a normal, but probably weird (if you met me many, many times), member of functioning society. I express my uncomfortable feelings probably better than most people who aren't on the spectrum and who don't have mental illness and I do not have much of a temper whatsoever. I'll avoid conflict 95% of the time and I have never once laid my hands on anyone.

It's difficult to describe what people with autism go through when they freak out and get angry. A hissy fit is something reserved usually for children who are attention seeking, but certainly this can happen in adults. However, people with autism do not freak out or become upset to seek attention, so I would be careful utilizing that phrasing of "hissy fit" with other people. People with autism react to stimuli (anything in this world that happens which can generate a response in us humans, plants and other animals) differently than people who aren't autistic and this is distinctly unique from, but also similar to what we know as mental illness as they suffer from serious genetic abnormalities that cause them to be unable to react to normal stimuli in a normal fashion.

As you go lower down the spectrum, sufferers become more and more capable of handling the real world and the continuous flow of stimuli that is fed their direction. To summarize, bouts of anger, or hissy fits and freak outs are something we all do as humans, whether you have an ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) or you suffer from other mental illnesses. Just like autism, mental illness and each disorder under that umbrella, have their own spectrum.

Too Long; Didn't Read (TL;DR): Some of you might resist this reality, but we are all to some extent experiencing some degree of mental deficit. This is not like gender identity spectrum, which is a fake, bullshit spectrum created by the woke...this is a very real, very provable, statistically validated truth. We all do things that are maladaptive and if you do, you can consider those things cognitive and/or behavioral disorders. You may not be "ill" or require hospitalization, but that's because you're on the borders of the spectrum for whatever mental illness correlates most precisely with said behavioral and/or cognitive issue.

Basically, some of the angriest, most ridiculously and poorly behaved people I've ever met were not autistic or mentally "ill" and never have had any official diagnoses nor sought out help from medical professionals. Something that impairs one persons life can be handled without incident by another person. Everything is relative, just like what you might think constitutes bad behavior is something another person might seek to instill in their own child and reinforce as good behavior.

I've gone on long enough at this point. You hopefully get the gist.

Last edited:
The comment about microfiber cloth got my attention. I REALLY hate the way some poly cloths feel, and dislike tissue paper. I took the RAADS test online...

I got a 59. I think I'm probably just an asshole :^D

The comment about microfiber cloth got my attention. I REALLY hate the way some poly cloths feel, and dislike tissue paper. I took the RAADS test online...

I got a 59. I think I'm probably just an asshole :^D
I got a 140 something, re tested a week later and got 170 so I'm not saying the test is 100% accurate, especially because when I answer questions sometimes I have multiple conflicting answers, just depends what I'm doing when you ask

The real question tho, when you sit down for dinner, do you have to dig for a specific spoon or fork, or just grab any one? I'm picky as all hell about the shape, size, weight, texture, and sound of a fork

One test type is hardly conclusive anyhow, but it can provide initial insight. I've taken probably a different test for every finger and toe that say I'm a hot mess (underestimate). Not that I'm bragging. I'm pretty sure this isn't a competition anyone wants to win haha Actual, legitimate testing requires multiple tests over many days over many hours typically as well as psychoanalysis with a trained professional over many weeks to months of regular sessions, unless it's blatantly obvious and you're full blown autistic or have readily apparent Asperger's syndrome. There are so many other disorders with a crossover of symptomology to rule out.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this isn't a competition anyone wants to win haha
truthfully I couldnt care less if I win, not something I spent time on trying to win, this isnt a race lol
all I know is that me and conversations never, NEVER go well, I get confused, I get angry, I interrupt people (then yell at them for doing the same thing)
I try to work on it but no matter how hard I try, people complain about it more and more so I basically quit trying, whats the point in trying to do better if I get treated worse more and more?

apparently im only tolerable in small amounts, I should probably take a break from this place for a few weeks before I end up how I am everywhere else (cats out of the bag, if you know who I am then you know, atleast you guys are chill about it here)

There are so many other disorders with a crossover of symptomology to rule out.
💯
lets not forget nobody is perfect, no matter how "perfect" someone may be there will always be hints of stuff like ADD, ADHD, ASD, etc, in some people its just more apparent than others
im not trying to use any of this as an excuse for how I act, but more as a warning of what to expect (oh and im not going to sugar coat anything so I often offend people)
my dark sense of humor doesnt help that either unfortunately

At least when I act like a fool I often have a legitimate explanation that sometimes garners understanding and sympathy from whomever I hurt and/or from society as a whole. But if you're just an average foolish person acting like a complete dick, tool, ass hat or douche canoe, then nobody will have any sympathy for you whatsoever, so it could be a lot worse haha I'm not expected to always "know better." But the sad part is that I don't always make great decisions...so, there's that haha

"We're all losing our fight against survival on this planet. Some of us just lose it better, harder and faster and, above all else, less elegantly." -Knotorious

I just came up with that. *pats self on back*

If you want to by my quote for $34.59, I'll first convert your money into a fragmented share of Apple stock, place a risky day trade and, if I come out in the green with an ROA over 15%, I'll sell it to you.

Sorry, my humor is drier than the Sahara.

Last edited:
I scored 50. It’s hard because most of the questions had a cut off at 16 yo.

I really changed very deeply after a divine encounter at age 30. Before that life changing event I was a lot worse off. I believe I was also a narcissist. Only ever really diagnosed with severe ADHD though. 🤷‍♂️

If you want to by my quote for $34.59, I'll first convert your money into a fragmented share of Apple stock, place a risky day trade and, if I come out in the green with an ROA over 15%, I'll sell it to you.

Sorry, my humor is drier than the Sahara.
the funny part is, I used to sim trade before getting into trees so this all makes total sense to me

too bad it was fake money, I got into a trade on gamestop and made like $1500 in under a second once

Well, yesterday I dug into the diesel to replace an injector that was giving me issues. Got lucky and got the stuck glow plug out that would not come out last October. Then started on my fuel leak at the mechanical fuel pump. Had that abbout all done till a bolt broke torquing it in on the fuel pump. 🤪
So today I removed all I did on top of the motor and more. Got the welder out. Wet ragged the parameter and cleaned the valley best I could. Plugged holes that no slag or spatter should go down and got it done.
Imma gonna be pretty good at this shat this keeps up.
Time to reassemble. Need truck tomorrow or Wed. 20230911_105121.jpg 20230911_105323.jpg

Well, yesterday I dug into the diesel to replace an injector that was giving me issues. Got lucky and got the stuck glow plug out that would not come out last October. Then started on my fuel leak at the mechanical fuel pump. Had that abbout all done till a bolt broke torquing it in on the fuel pump. 🤪
So today I removed all I did on top of the motor and more. Got the welder out. Wet ragged the parameter and cleaned the valley best I could. Plugged holes that no slag or spatter should go down and got it done.
Imma gonna be pretty good at this shat this keeps up.
Time to reassemble. Need truck tomorrow or Wed.
I'm always so impressed by you handyman types. You might as well be speaking Greek, but it sounds you know exactly what you're doing. I hope your hard work pans out positively and you get your truck in time.

the funny part is, I used to sim trade before getting into trees so this all makes total sense to me

too bad it was fake money, I got into a trade on gamestop and made like $1500 in under a second once
Nice, a fellow investor. I taught myself how to perform advanced technical analysis, as well as fundamental analysis, of equities, options, and cryptocurrencies. I made most of my money day trading, but I also took up a lot of long positions. I was a notorious short seller in the crypto market for awhile and I used to post tri-weekly charts and analyses on Twitter. While most retail investors were losing money duing the latest bear market, I was shorting like a madman, usually with some leverage, and relying on stop losses to monitor my trades while I slept a few hours at night (since crypto is 24-hours a day and the symbols never close). I've had trades like you describe, where I've made thousands of dollars per second on newly released coins and on some stock IPOs and during stock day trades where I bought in during pre-market or at the end of the previous session before an earnings report on bullish news. I now mostly just paper trade and I continue to make charts for equities and crypto, but not as much as I used to. This whole YouTube channel hobby and tree climbing thing I've been doing has sort of eclipsed trading for now.

Last edited:
im wondering if anyone has put chain/strap storage under a dump trailer before? due to the design of mine I could simply add some expanded metal under the box, the tongue doubles up under the frame at an angle making for perfect supports for the bottom of the mesh, and all sides would be boxed in be the trailer frame along with the top since thats where the dump box goes
my trailer sits too low for toolboxes under it, I cant use the one on the tongue since thats full of hydraulic pump, battery and wiring

im wondering if anyone has put chain/strap storage under a dump trailer before? due to the design of mine I could simply add some expanded metal under the box, the tongue doubles up under the frame at an angle making for perfect supports for the bottom of the mesh, and all sides would be boxed in be the trailer frame along with the top since thats where the dump box goes
my trailer sits too low for toolboxes under it, I cant use the one on the tongue since thats full of hydraulic pump, battery and wiring

The downside to that would be having your chains or straps out before you load the trailer, and all the nasty road spray getting into the box.

I did that on a couple different dump trailers. I kept rakes and shovels there, along with an extra hitch insert since all my trailers were pintle hitches and I worked a lot with a couple guys who didn't use pintle hitches. Sometimes they would go dump the trailer while I was still in the bucket, or if they wanted to borrow the trailer.

Is there some kind of arborist form letter service I'm unaware of? These came today, one on top of the other. Same paper stock, and almost exactly the same wording. Maybe I could get both "larger crews" on site, and they can fight for the job :^D

IMG_20230912_180221960.jpg

IMG_20230912_180242826.jpg

On the topic of crews fighting for the job. I always thought it would be fun to have local competitions with real working climbers, using the day to day working gear. No fancy competition gear, and no pro climbers that work solely at climbing, but not working. Not sure how that could be accomplished though. You know some companies would bring in ringers, and there would be arguments over the weird niche climbing gear some people would use, even though you know damned well they aren't doing tree work with it. It would be fun though if people could be honest, and just treat it like a good time.

The downside to that would be having your chains or straps out before you load the trailer, and all the nasty road spray getting into the box.
Actually the box is in front of the axles so no spray from the trailer tires. And the truck tires are farther away and on the other side of the mud flaps. Rain falls down, not up. So it stays dry and fairly clean. And raising the bed a foot or two with a full load isn't an issue either.

Back