How'd it go today?

Do you not have really available evidence to support this claim?

Why not prove yourself right?

Does masking not work?
Like real masks?
Not claiming pantyhose masks work better than pantyhose seat belts or airbags, especially made by regular people.

I've worn kn95 for a year and a half.
Sensible.

What do you have to tell us about how and where transmissions are the worst, what we can do to stop them?

The medical community needs tree guys to help them.

Ha, Sean I love that!

Reminds me how, around the house, I'm frequently telling my wife "I can do that better than (fill in name of person or entity widely known to be expert in their field)" and she says "so why don't you?" and I of course reply "because I'm too busy cutting down trees"

:dude: :dude: :dude: :lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:|::|::|:

The so-called covid tests cannot determine the difference between covid and the flu.

for the delta variant, it can be tested for, but not using a quick test. It takes a few days to get results.

Went to my PA job and staked a little road. Really easy. Finally decided to buy the RE Transporter, and stopped in the saw shop, but it was gone! Can you believe that?! The bastard sold it behind my back! He was supposed to keep it til I was really sure I wanted to buy it :^D Talked to him a few minutes about his new arborist supplies. He just got them in a few weeks ago, and wasn't sure what to get, so he got a little of this and that. Said it's been selling well. Should be getting more stuff this week.

Got back to the office and ran my new brushcutter a bit. Seems to be easier on my back than the Husky, but I still need to adjust the handlebars. I think it's the longer shaft, and wider array of balance points for the harness that makes it better on my back. As far as running goes, it's pretty similar to the Husky. Can't say it's better or worse, though the blade nut seems to stay in place better. Seems like a real problem for Husky. They have a hard time keeping their products together. Reading around, they like to unscrew themselves(talking about chainsaws here).

Moosejaw.com
Kong Paddle biner.

(edits: link isn't working)
I would consider this.
Code climbing20 20% off

If you want it to stay open, use a broccoli rubber band or tape.

More toward your frugal ways.

Choose between keylock and standard. I'd go key lock. I have the standard.

Put the other $55+ into something more helpful.

$0.02

Last edited:
Good advice. My interest is more in keeping it closed though. That's what really got my attention. I like that it can be easily locked shut while climbing, then release it for easy access. It's a luxury for sure. I've been eying it for going on two years now. Debating back and forth whether or not I should get one. I'd already have one if I were doing this professionally, but it's harder to justify for my use. The cheaper price at the saw shop is what got me to finally say "yea". It isn't bought yet, and I likely won't be going back to that job, so easy access will be gone. Maybe I won't end up getting one. Dunno. I don't like trying to predict the future.

edit:
Just walked in the other room, and my girl cat's sitting over a garter snake on the floor. WTF?! I guess she got it from the basement. Pretty sure it's dead. Dunno if they go into shock like birds do. I threw it outside, and I'll see if it's still there in the morning.

Last edited:
A breakaway lanyard is very worthwhile PPE.

I think maybe, possibly, in 15 years, my saw came out of a closed carabiner once, maybe. fwiw

I have rocked the open saw-hooking paddle biner for 7-9 years.
The closed paddle biner allows single handed hooking and unhooking.

Last edited:
It's more to keep from clipping into stuff. That's already happened to me as little as I climb. It's less likely with the hook I have rigged on my good saddle. Treeaddict gave me a saw lanyard. I've been using light duty rope. I had ⅜" polypro on my good setup(that's where I'll use the lanyard Treeaddict gave me), and a gnarly piece of ⅜" hardware store rope on my work setup.

edit:
this is what I'm using on my good saddle...

eng-pl-Nite-Ize-Tightening-Carabiner-with-Cam-Jam-XT-Aluminum-Cord-Black-9889-1.jpg

It's a tensioning thing for people that don't know a truckers hitch. The square back keeps it oriented well, and the small gate is fairly stout, and doesn't allow wayward branches and stuff in as easily.

Last edited:
edit:
Just walked in the other room, and my girl cat's sitting over a garter snake on the floor. WTF?! I guess she got it from the basement. Pretty sure it's dead. Dunno if they go into shock like birds do. I threw it outside, and I'll see if it's still there in the morning.
It was kinda dim this morning, but I didn't see the snake. It might have been playing dead. Hopefully it made it off ok, and found a nice spot in the woodpile to bed down in.

Easy day. Laid out some slope, and I'm doing paperwork now. Got regaled by an operator(son of the guy I really like) about how awful another survey company was. I like hearing that :^D I usually do all their surveying, but that particular job had a minority quota, and interestingly, Asian was mandated, so they got an Asian owned survey firm. No one was happy with them by the way it sounds. They didn't know how to do the layout properly, and they couldn't keep ahead of the clearing guy with limit's of disturbance. Makes me feel good hearing how other people suck :^P

If i didn't have it, the plywood would be in the bid! Best you could make of the situation, well done. I use a cart and log arch, and I've accepted that in certain terrain i have to take smaller trips. Honestly bigger equipment needs ground pro too, and it can be lighter for the carts. Carpet, wood, even cardboard can do tons in the right application.

Got off work early, and put another coat of paint on the garage. Decided it was time to take the Deere carcass to the farm so it could play with the other old equipment. Got it to the back of the truck with some difficulty cause nothing moves anymore, and I wonder how I'm gonna get it in there with my work stuff. Flip it over to look into disassembling it, but I'm not feelin' it. That's gonna be a huge time sink of rusted stuck parts. Flip it back over, and put it on the tailgate to see if inspiration strikes. Can't get the front on the ammo crates. Grab aa locust log, and end up with this...

20210929_155234.jpg

Closer, but the front wheels... Thinking about cribbing it up, but not exactly sure how. Inspiration!

20210929_160057.jpg

Get the truck jack, and jack it up. I'm watching the jack lean back as I raise it, and I think " I bet I can lift it high, pick the back up, and shove it forward..." First attempt was a failure. Needed a bit more height. Second try...

20210929_160639.jpg

She's ready to go to the farm and spend the rest of her days playing with the other tractors! Either that, or the scrap metal can. We'll see...

Back