How'd it go today?

Good deal Paul! Glad it's working out well for you.

Had a good day picking banjo today. Hands finally loosened up and I could play well for once. Spent most of the day jamming with recordings plowing through stuff.

Forging a solo path jamming thru the wilderness of music.

Called to audition for a band today.

They do about 70+ gigs/year plus once a week rehearsal if it's who I think it is. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks! It's not too many...I did about 5 years straight of 5-7 nights/week back in the day while working days; now that was a schedule I don't care to repeat.

I like to spend about three days/week with the band. It's about the minimum amount of time you can spend together to get and keep things flowing well and continue to progress as a unit.

Today was a day I thought I was going to call done when the winds were not calming down 30+ gusts but kept at it after the first I did for a good tie in despite the nervous feeling and being in one I was worried about rigging off its self. Glad to have stuck it out as all went well in the end, one more to go tomorrow.

Climbed an pruned 5 cottonwoods for our local Chimpanzee sanctuary. 100% donation. Was on a roll, for all 5 trees, only took 8 total hand throws to install lines 60'+ 8) Relaxing work, trees looking great, got thumbs up from the chimps on my climbing abilities, HA!

Right on!
Killed a large rotten silver and going back to drop the log and flop a smaller silver today. I think this may be a repeat of The Year of The Silver Maple. God I hope not!

Worked with a new crane op. Nice guy, kind of quiet and polite, and smooth at the controls. Hope to work with him again.

I want a crane!

I like when the crane comes out with a skilled operator and I know what it will cost me per hour ($2400 brake job, and now something else to fix on my chip truck). His maintenance costs are his business.

Do you have to get a crane from the Quad Cities?

Back