How'd it go today?

I went and done it this time ,got a cell phone .Well rather the cell was given to my wife and it got connected .Monthy plan through Verizon .No screwing old Al with a two year deal with a bunch of bells and whistles I don't want nor would know how to use anyway .Grumpy old fart here .

In othere news the battery for the ranger was acting weak and with winter knocking on the door thought it best to replace .Now get this ,650 cold granking amps 85 bucks .850 amp 89 bucks .Talk about a no brainer .

Worked on that wonderful driveway in the fire zone again today. Felled some small burnt trees. Got to try out my new to me hedge trimmer. Bunches of small growth just too big for a weed eater and there were discarded bottles lying about. Glass and brush blades or even weed eater heads don't mix well. The hedge trimmer has like a 40 inch blade on it. Made short work of the little PO and other growth. :)
Got paid there and went down the street to remove 1 branch, standing on the truck in 4 cuts with the PPT261 for a 1 hour minimum.. :lol: HO clean up .... :lol: It does not get much better than that!
I don't think we were there 10 minutes and 5 of that was waiting to get paid.. :D
Came home to another check and ran Seth to Soccer. It was a good day :)

Got some replacement chipper tires today. Feel much better about that, as the old ones have been on the replacement list for a while. Found a good deal on two decent, used truck tires mounted for $97 out the door. I expect they will last as long as I have the chipper. Keeping to new clients close to home (within 7 miles on our peninsula) and existing clients, I'll not be racking up the miles.

Just got back in from the coast. Long day. Great course, lots of fun. Duane was a great instructor, and it was a small class so lots of BSing going on. I guess tree guys have a tendency to do that when gathered together.Thursday was nice weather, but I got frikkin soaked today. Met with Paul for dinner on the Thursday, was a good visit!

I had to clean up a fallen tree, got an extra $100 to remove a small weed tree and a $20 tip.:)

Just got a text saying my phone number won 72,000 English pounds, talk about a good day. I've just got to email my details and I can collect it.8)

It's legitimately snowing here right now. Are you kidding me, and we are getting accumulation. What was the date again....Oct 29? Holy shit, NOOOO!!!!

Split a cord of wood this morning, I really need to pull the trigger and buy a super splitter, my body moves to fast for hydraulics! Headed out to pick up some money for climbing, and check out the truck I'm plowing with this year.

On the cell phone no . We had a Tracfone one of the originals the druggies used that had no GPS installed .The butt holes from Tracfone stopped supporting them and when I called some Asian Pacific rim type I couldn't hardly understand tried to talk me into another of which I pretty much told them to pack it in their corperate butts--sideways .

It was a pain in the butt anyways .Every time you went over about 100 miles the SOB would go in roam and never get a connection unless you called from a land line to get some other non English speaking individual to reset the stupid thing .

We didn't hardly use the thing so a big elaborate connection wouldn't be of much use to nor do I care to pay out 100 bucks a month for bull chit I can do over my home -puter .

Actually there are two freebies which work but for now just the one my wife is using .Maybe in time if it works out and is not real costly we'll activate the other one .

Now if I had a business I'd definately have one but I don't so I don't .This single phone thing isn't too bad ,450 minutes with my discount $32.50 a month .

Not totally sure but I don't think you are really very close to the target demographic for cell phone consumers Al. LOL

It's legitimately snowing here right now. Are you kidding me, and we are getting accumulation. What was the date again....Oct 29? Holy shit, NOOOO!!!!
Now this is no BS we had a blizzard in 1966 the first week of November that was far worse than either the two in 1977 and '78 .That one was a nor'easter too .Batten down the hatches now .

That deal in '66 I was working in a big factory as a welder .It was a rather warm day.in the 60's .It started snowing about 3 in the afternoon and at 4 when I got off there was already 6 inchs of snow .This was before I went to the navy and I still lived at home .It took me three days to get there and 15 miles away .There where drifts so high they didn't get cleared for a month .They literally used bull dozers and front end loaders to clear that mess .That year clear up til the end of March of '67 when I went into the navy never left the ground .Might as well have been upstate New York .

No I don't suppose I am what the cell phone providers would much prefer to have as a customer .They really like teeny bopper girls who twitter and tweet and send text messages while at the same time sitting right next to the person for whom the message was intended .Lawdy I never understood them as a teenager myself ,as a father with a teeny bopper or as a granddaddy .I doubt I ever do .

The "October Surprise" storm in Buffalo 5 year anniversary was a couple weeks ago. Actually we get a bad rap around Buffalo. Rochester and Syracuse both usually get more snow. Everybody remembers Buffalo from the blizzard of '77. I think Johnny Carson played a part in that.

going out in the back yard to teach my better half how to climb trees. been trying to get her up there for a while now, and after the comp last weekend shes finally motivated to do it! ill try to get some pics.
oh yeah, and its sunny and beautiful here this morning:P.

oh yeah, and its sunny and beautiful here this morning:P.

Have fun, it's bright and sunny in the City today.
Also, new keyboard, installed. $79. Both shift keys, an F key and the Return key are all back again.

I'm officially on vacation from the day job til 11/28/11. Use or lose. Too much PTO/Annual gotta burn it off.
We're traveling back east for the last two weeks and I'm booked up for the first week with the side stuff.

I know. Paul. I try and keep my posts monochromatic, but alas.
The suns gotta shine every now and again.

Willie, great log truck, you're stoked.

Back