Gun-2

treesmith

Banned
I didn't want to hijack Brendon's thread, so I started another.........I got this from my cousin yesterday........but he wouldn't give it to me. :lol:

I'm planning to refinish the stock as well as polish out and touch up the bluing.

Attachments

• IMG_5580.jpg
    IMG_5580.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5581.jpg
    IMG_5581.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5582.jpg
    IMG_5582.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 22
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep....or hog, or coyote, or fox, or..........Yeah, mainly deer rifle.

There was a recaal on those a few years ago (Its an M77 Ruger, right?) involving the trigger. Some had a set-screw that would fall out allowing the discharge of the gum WITHOUT the trigger being touched!

Check the Ruger web site!

I have one in the same caliber and have shot everything from foxes to swamp donkies!

Brett, if you'll notice, it has no scope-mounting bases. They're milled into the receiver itself. Dead Ruger give-away.

gotcha......you need one of these
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ged4lz_Fw2Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ged4lz_Fw2Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The .270 is a great gun for "speed goats" too! There is literally 50 pages of reloading data and loads for the caliber! I bench load all my own ammo with the bullet backed off the rifling .0001" and the accuracy is phenominal!

They do have a tendancy to have some muzzle jump with a larger load! Don't go getting yourself "Weaver Eye"!!!

Nice Rifle! You get alot of Gun for your money from Ruger.I have a 77/22 and a Mini 14 with a Can back home.Good Honest Firearms.

There was a recaal on those a few years ago (Its an M77 Ruger, right?) involving the trigger. Some had a set-screw that would fall out allowing the discharge of the gum WITHOUT the trigger being touched!

Check the Ruger web site!

I have one in the same caliber and have shot everything from foxes to swamp donkies!

Thanks for the reminder, Brent. I'm looking into it. I already had the stainless version of this rifle in .270, but it's a second generation 77. The recall is only on generation 1's.

Well, the Ruger I got from my cousin wouldn't shoot worth anything. I only had it on a trial basis, though I thought for sure I wanted it. Turns out it had been neglected a bit through the years and had some rust pitting in the last two inches of the barrel. I love my stainless Ruger M77 II, but this one just wasn't up to par.

...So, I took it back and then I found this.....I saw a target shot last year with this rifle.....less than 1", 3-shot group.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 9
I gave my son a 77/22 for his 10th birthday, excellent rifle. I like Ruger, no bullshit, just good simple firearms for the masses.

.270 was my preferred cartridge for deer when I was young but I was shooting a big heavy Weatherby. Last .270 I had was a model 70 on a lightweight composite stock and it kicked like a friggin mule, my .338 had less of a wallop, no fun to shoot. I sold all my rifles except the .22s, an Ar-15 and a model 70 in 7.62 Now that's all i need loading gear for, 5.56 and 7.62. I'd like to play with a .17 HMR.

Nice gun. Was the only bore damage to the last couple inches? Might could work out a deal for getting the gun on the cheap then cutting the barrel back and recrowning.

Nice gun. Was the only bore damage to the last couple inches? Might could work out a deal for getting the gun on the cheap then cutting the barrel back and recrowning.

As best I could tell it was only the last few inches, but I don't have a borescope. Typical redneck deer rifle......haul it around in the truck with the barrel in the floorboard....never mind the mud, sand, etc. I could have gotten it at a pretty good deal, but I figure cutting back and re-crowning would cost at least $50-$100, unless I did it myself. Furthermore, that Ruger kicked considerably more than my Ruger 77 All-Weather, also in .270. I can't figure how two firearms in the same caliber can have such varying recoil. I decided to look for something else, and I'm glad I did, as I prefer the Browning hands-down.

Back