I thought an SBR might be cool?

Yea, I thought you were farther north, but after I posted, I clicked your location and saw where you were. South CA doesn't look that interesting to me. Deserts and mountains maybe, but I think I'd rather avoid CA for those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We went to CA a few years ago, took the boy to Legoland, it wasn't bad, think we were in the Carlsbad area?
Now, NOPE!!! Not remotely interested in any part of CA now, sucks because there's some nice places I'd still like to see.
NYC, NOPE! Didn't want to go before, damn sure don't want to go now!
Illinois I avoided before and will continue that.
I really didn't want to stop in Austin, we stayed in San Marcos and spent the day at the outlet malls of San Marcos, so on the fringes, but I wouldn't go downtown or 6th street again. Even on the outskirts along the highway you could see the homeless encampments. It was pretty sad.

Did all my traveling 20 years ago.

I have family in Redwood City, and friends in Napa.

I really liked San Fran when I was there. It was a bit different then.

When I flew to New Zealand the first time, 15 years ago or so, we flew in and out of LAX.

Flying over some of the most dangerous looking city streets I could imagine. You felt like reaching over and locking the doors....while on Final.

The Rez aint got nothing on LA.

I wish I possessed that kind of prescient knowledge to know exactly when and where something bad was going to happen. How do you feel about spare tires, fire extinguishers, and first aid kits? "I'll only bring those things if I know I'm going to need them."
Key word. Try. But I really have no reason to go to high crime areas. So I don't.
I can go all over vt and nh with a concealed hand gun. But if I go over the border into new york... nope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Friend of mine showed up tonight, needed me to look at his new truck (new to him) and we got to talking a little. "Hey Andy, I need to show you my new truck gun, figured with the way things are going I might need a little more firepower." He pulled out the Keltec sub 2000, his was set up for Ruger mags. It's interesting, BUT, I don't like the sights at all, they are way too low! Not that crazy about the charging handle either. It is a neat package though.
I told him about our TX trip and what I'd packed, he asked to see my backpack, sure enough, it fit right in there like it was meant for it.
A little research and I also found out if it's set up for the Beretta mags all you need to do is cut a slot in your XD mags to get them to lock in and away you go.
HMMMMMMMMMMMM..........

I keep one in my bag. Glock mag version. Not going to give you the same accuracy/power as an SBP or AR pistol, but still a very compact package, and accurate to 100 yards easily.

Andy, why don't you just get a nuclear bomb?

They do make them backpack size these days.

Should take care of your paranoia right away.
If you feel threatened, you can turn your whole neighbourhood into a sea of glass.

Now Bob, you know Stig is badder than any firearm made...and Mick has twelve black belts in snarky-snidery.

A friend had a sub2000 in .40 cal with Glock mags, not positive but I think he needed a key to unfold it.
Seemed like a neat idea for a home with nosy kids.

Could not imagine what it is like to live so scared. I've lived in Texas most of my live. I routinely go to Corpus. I have plenty of guns for fun. Never thought once of bringing one with me out of some sort of safety concern.

My concern in Corpus would be cold beer.

I wish, pray, and hope you find peace. My guess is that you never will as long as you view the world as a scary place where you need a gun to leave the house.

Prolly no need for a spare tire either...unless you’re skeered of having a flat. No need for a first aid kit...unless you’re skeered of having a boo-boo...oh boy, we could have fun with this logic!

Prolly no need for a spare tire either...unless you’re skeered of having a flat. No need for a first aid kit...unless you’re skeered of having a boo-boo...oh boy, we could have fun with this logic!

So wearing a mask in the case of an infectious, highly contagious disease makes perfect sense. lolololol So what are you scared of at the beach that you need to pack? Sunburn? Jellyfish?

So he is getting an abortion?

What about my body and my choice to not get shot by some trigger happy baffoon who ate too many skeerios?

Back