I thought an SBR might be cool?

Those who don’t get it won’t get it. They think it paranoia and fear. I don’t care what anyone thinks of me carrying. I’m going to carry anyway. They can stick their feelings where the sun don’t shine....

I’ve been called crazy far more times for my career choice more than I’ve been called crazy for carrying a firearm or being a Christian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ran across these, not sure how much of a gimick they are and they are damn pricey!

My son-in-law has one. It’s “cool” but that’s it. Doesn’t add anything really. Makes it “shoulderable”, and that’s about it.

My wife and I renewed our permits for five years last year. They had both expired in 2019...though neither of us ever quit carrying....I get the permit only because I frequently crocs the state line.

In KS we have constitutional carry, OWB and IWB, but I did look into getting a permit for the trip. I can carry in OK, again constitutional carry, but TX hasn't enacted there's yet. But I couldn't get it done in time unfortunately. I'm still considering it for future trips though.
They say the "points of contact" and longer sight radius make them accurate for steel plates at 100yds, but I can't imagine 9 being very effective at that range, and not really what I'm going for here. If I need to shoot 100yds then I figure I need a real rifle at that point, or the threat is far enough away I don't need to engage it.

I can hit a 2” bullseye at 100 yards with the AR pistol/red dot that I keep by the bed. A bit further than a liberal can snap with their bra strap....

Last edited:
Do you guys take all your shit out of your house and set it on the sidewalk when you leave for work?

Or do you lock the door?

In the 27 years I've lived in my house, the door has only been locked once.
That was the month my parents stayed here, taking care of the dogs, while x-wife and I travelled around Western US.

Just a thought, if you take a gun to the beach does that mean one adult has to stay with it when the other goes for a swim?
You surely don’t leave it unattended under the towel or whatever.

In the 27 years I've lived in my house, the door has only been locked once.
That was the month my parents stayed here, taking care of the dogs, while x-wife and I travelled around Western US.
You locked your parents in? That's parent abuse! :P

Just a thought, if you take a gun to the beach does that mean one adult has to stay with it when the other goes for a swim?
I don't "swim" at the beach. Generally just walk on the shore. Occasionally I'll kick off my shoes/sandals and wade out about knee deep. Shorts never get wet, so pistol is fine.

After traveling, I was useless on the way down, my wife and son drove, I just hung out in the backseat, walking all over Austin, then touring the Texas Aquarium, I was pretty spent. It was windy and choppy so my happy ass just sat in a chair on the beach and dipped my toes in.
I really didn't feel the need to be that armed, but as we needed the backpack for the towels, I also didn't feel the need to unpack everything I'd put in it, so it all went.
During the course of the trip at no point did I feel concerned or threatened.

You set up a defensive perimeter with interlocking fields of fire.

Just like anyone else would do. Sheesh.

I used to live on the bottm floor, on the boardwalk at the old Biltmore Hotel. Used to be just acid head burn outs from the days of Jim Morrison and the Doors there. Pay them to watch my dog if I had to run back inside for something. Now, no friggen way. Most CA beaches rate at a 1 in 20 chance you'll be a victim of a crime. Some places are up 108% in violent crime on beaches around San Diego and such. I imagine Nor Cal up by Jerry is better. But near So Cal and cities, forget it.
And no, I don't normally read the Daily Mail. But I was looking for statistics on the coastal areas and about all I could get with out taking all night were articles from each town or city.

Is south CA a place I'd want to visit? It isn't even on my radar. North CA... Maybe... Your pics of the mountains look kind of cool and foreign, but it sure looks hot and dry.

So Cal is Los Angeles, San Diego. Long Beach, Disney Land, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, La Jolla, Ocean Side, 6 Flags, LA Zoo, Sea world, San Diego Zoo, Deserts and mountains, Sandy Beaches. Malibu. Hollywood etc. I am Central CA Sierra Nevada. Jerry is Northern CA above San Francisco.

So Cal is Los Angeles, San Diego. Long Beach, Disney Land, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, La Jolla, Ocean Side, 6 Flags, LA Zoo, Sea world, San Diego Zoo, Deserts and mountains, Sandy Beaches. Malibu. Hollywood etc. I am Central CA Sierra Nevada. Jerry is Northern CA above San Francisco.

Yes yes...we got it.

You coulda just said 8th circle of hell.

Or Jim's personal hell. Something like that.

Last edited:
Back